African Gourd is making an appearance

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Well, the African Gourd will make its first trip to Roadrunners gourd club tomorrow. I am taking my new one that I am working on also. It is called
Buffalo of the Plains. Just getting started on it but I will try to show you a couple of pics if I can get them small enough to display.
Jan

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Here is another view. Keep in mind that I am just getting started on this one and I am still sculpting the figures. I ran out of wax so I am kind of on stand still right now.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
Starkville, MS

Jan, if you didn't do anything else to it, its already a winner. You have already captured the feeling and movement. I truely admire your talent for projecting life into your subjects.
ginni

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Here is a better view of #2

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Here is one more view of the Indian that will be on it. It is still under construction.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Another view of the the buffalo roaming

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
Crossville, TN

Jan...I was going to call you as soon as I got off DG...now I see you WILL be here...gourds in hand....so I will set a plate for you!! YIPEEEE.....Jo

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks tgif, I try hard to bring life to inanimate figures. As soon as I start sculpting a creature I put in the eyes that way it is watching and guiding me to do the right thing.
Yes Jo, I will be there gourds in hand. I am bringing a couple of extras that someone may be interested in buying or whatever. They are an apple gourd, a bottle gourd and a bushel I think. I have more gourds then I need and I am downsizing a bit. See ya tomorrow.
Jan

Crossville, TN

OK...See ya tomorrow!! Jo

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.