Problem... not a joke

Yesterday, in between playing on the computer and cleaning out closets, I cut out little tiny seed packs and taped them together and filled them with seeds. I also prepared 20 plants to ship. This morning I hurriedly stuffed the seed packs into preaddressed envelopes and I filled up the plant boxes with Styrofoam peanuts and sealed them all off. I brought this all to the office and had my secretary take them all to the Post Office.

Bad news, she just got back and handed me delivery confirmation notices on the boxes and asked me where my wedding band was. I have no idea. I know I had it last night before I went to bed so it’s not in any of the boxes going to Salvation Army or Good Will that I packed up yesterday. At this point, I suspect I rammed it in a bubble mailer or it came off when I was filling the boxes with the packing peanuts. I’ve got rheumatoid arthritis and the pressure has been fluctuating wildly so my fingers were swollen but this morning they were back to normal… cold front came in.

I’ve sent out about 25 bubble mailers of seed and 20 boxes of plants to friends here at DG so if any of you get a wedding band in with your seed or plants… would you please D-Mail me. I’d describe it but that would be moot. It would be the only wedding band in with what ever else you receive. Those with boxes from me, please empty them carefully.

The only other place it could be would be at home in the bag of packing peanuts or maybe somewhere on the floor in the kitchen where I was working so I’ll check that at lunch.

Thanks all,
Lauren

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

Lauren
Very interesting..... if I will have then dont worry that will be back.
Kaleem

Lauren, I hope you find it.

Yes Kallem, I know that if you had received a bubble mailer or a box from me with a ring in it that you would be the type of person to send a ring back. Fortunately for me, I am confident that all of the people I actually sent seed and plants to are like you.

No Pixie, didn't find it. Everybody should be getting their boxes on Wednesday or Thursday and the mailers should hit on Thursday or Friday so it's wait and see. We pulled out the stove tonight to check under that and went down in the basement to tap on the hvac to see if we could hear anything but nothing was rattling around in the ducts. I'm hoping somebody gets it in something I mailed out because I'd get it back but luck hasn't been with me lately so I suspect it's here somewhere. Where it is would be beyond me.

(Zone 6a)

Oh no... I hope someone is honest and give it back to you.

Connie

Hey Connie, gut feeling is that if I mailed it out to anyone here...I'll most assuredly get it back. I have no worries about that. What concerns me is that it could still be here in the house somewhere. I have quite a few indoor only cats and the thought of one of them batting it around if it hit the floor is not out of the question. I've seen my cats go after those little plastic rings that come off the top of gallon milk jugs when you twist them to open them and break the seal. They love those little rings and I have seen them pick them up and take off with them. I find little plastic rings all over my house. My cats have also pawed quite a few other things such as basically anything that is small.

(Zone 6a)

Hi Equilibrium,

That's cute... You may pick your cats up and ask them, "Honey, where is wedding band?!?" They probably say "Meow!".

Connie

(Zone 6a)

Oh... One more thing... Do not vacuum the floor. The wedding band could be suck up by vacuum. LOL

Connie

Hmmm, cats! They sure do knock things around don't they. So you say don't vacuum the floor? No problem there. I so hate vacuuming anyway. Just kidding. We only do our floors once a week and we have one of those wind tunnel vacuums where you can remove the canister and pick through the contents.

(Zone 6a)

Nice feature that you have. When I vacuum and accident pick up one small lego, I have to take the bag out and cut it to open. That's messy job. I am allergic to dust. :( Rule: I pick up the small things before I vacuum.

Anyway, I hope that you will find the wedding band really soon.

Connie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.