Mouse arrow disappears

Mount Prospect, IL(Zone 5a)

They say there is no such thing as a dumb computer problem , but they may have to rewrite that saying! This past week, the mouse arrow will freeze and there is no way I can get it to move. Sometimes it completley disappears. The only way I can shut down is by flipping the power switch. then when I start it up again, it goes through the usual scan for when it is not shut down correctly. then when I try to get back on line, it will freeze up again, and I have to shut down again.
By any chance is there something I can do or rather am I doing something to make this computer act this way? So far tonight it is working OK, for me, I have Eartthlink and I went online with Netscape. Usually I use Internet Explorer and that is where most of the trouble is. I also have AOL on my machine (daughters account), which froze up on her when she tried to use it this afternoon at my house. Am I headed for big trouble? Doris

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!