Portable Greenhouse Link

Mansfield, TX(Zone 8a)

Here is a link to the portable greenhouse I purchased last year from overstock.com. The greenhouse did a superb job of keeping my plants overwintered without taking up space in my house.

http://www.overstock.com/?page=proframe&prod_id=849155

barrington, IL(Zone 5a)

this link said that a mistake was made by overstock.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Cute! Wish I had your zone. :) Link works for me.

Saline, MI(Zone 5b)

Can this greenhouse be easily disassembled for winter storage and how does it handle wind and storms

Lester

Mansfield, TX(Zone 8a)

Very easy assembly and disassembly. I have mine on the patio and we do have very high winds here. So far it has been fine.

Saline, MI(Zone 5b)

I took the plunge and bought one. It now resides in the garage for spring assembly.

Questions:

The picture on the instructions show guy wires on the corners but the part list does not include them (I have not completely unpacked the box). How do you anchor it?

I am thinking of building a landscaping timber foundation. The greenhouse will be in a backyard which is sheltered by Am I over-engineering this?

If I do the foundation, I was thinking of tamping the dirt below the house and puttng down fabric and maybe boards or tiles if I can find some really cheep ones. I would then grow some tomatoes and maybe melons in containers. I will also use it for seedlings and maybe tender flowerings (zone 5a).

Lester

Saline, MI(Zone 5b)

Poise4U

I put it together and its looks good

I built a 2x6 wood base and placed pavers inside to make a floor

I put a remote thermometer in the greenhouse and noted high temps.

This greenhouse does not have any vents how do you deal with this. Do you leave the door open

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.