Help!

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

I was at a house today to get some antique roses, and right there they had this liliy she siad I could have too. It blooms in Aug, gets 8 foot tall and the blooms look like Passion Liliys... other then that I know nothing. The bulbs look like Asiatic but the stalks where huge (the stalks are brown but still there and way over my head!). Any help would be great! Mitch

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Passion Lily ~ is that the same as Easter lily? Long, white, trumpet shape? Any color in the throat area?

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

I think so .... that is what she said and yes it is white... any ideas?

(Zone 7a)

I wonder how that lily would look coming up through a drift of kalimeris (Mongolian aster - small, very double, white flowers - the whole effect is cloudy like gypsyphilia, except it tolerates a heck of a lot more shade and clay - tough - late blooming, into fall if cut back in early June). Would encourage the kalimeris to underplant the rose as well - lady's mantle (Alchemilla mollis) would make a great front edging - its chartreuse against the lily's white with basso in the rose would seem quite a trio.

For a thick, velvety solidity among all that mist, Salvia involucrata comes to mind next door. Would carry the spirit of the rose's flowers into fall.

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Could your lily possibly be the Formosa Lily?

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Could be.. do they get that tall ? That would be great,,, love those!

According to this site they do

http://www.plantoftheweek.org/week075.shtml

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Oh Yea,,, It is going to be a great year... Thanks!!!!

Welcome :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.