weight loss challenge nov 12

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Good morning Everyone.

Am making a pot of soup today, the famous cabbage soup, and will eat some of that everyday before meals.

We just bought a puppy 3 days ago. a 2-1/2 month old cocker spaniel, and american one.......so, being patriotic, thts th one w chose.

well, here are some things that I have learned about pups……
get plenty of chew toys, remember how puppies chew everything in site......shoes, purses, anything left unattened.
close all the bedroom doors, cause you know the teens arent going to pick up everything,....remember how puppies like to chew on gamy things....socks, underwear etc.,
put them on a potty schedule: i get up in the morning, and as soon as i go potty i take max out, and in just 2 days he has gotten the hang of it and goes pai pai and poo poo first thing in the morning.,
our vet gave us a cup and said this is what he should eat in a day, no more, and i did a little reasearch cause max had this terrible stinky wind thing going on......and they suggest feeding often in small quantities......so i have. and it seems that in just two days we dont have the knock you over dead farts. also, could have been the food the pet shop was using, the cheap stuff probably, but they sell you the expensive stuf......
plenty of chew toys.....
this morning i gave max a rawhide shoe, and he was real happy with it, we went out on the balcony so i could have a smoke, and heidi came out at one point, and i had the cat on my lap, and heidi next to me, well, max couldt stand it that someone else was getting some loving from me, so he left his shoe and cam over, well, heidi sauntered on over there and glommed onto the shoe....well.....max was miffed, luckily i had a rawhide bone to give him, i dont know how i am going to separate the kid’s toys. but i think the key is to have lots of chews and chew toys.
max's teeth are too funny....., they are of course little nubbins as of yet...but ohhhh i bet they;re going to get big....but they are funny little things.
lots of praise when they do their poo poos and pai pais......
i take max upstairs to the little parking area, and oh the praise is just flowing outta me...
when puppy gets into a chewing mood and you dont have anything handy, cover up as much of yourself as you can with a blanket, i can tell you that those little nubbins are sarp. i have little love bite marks on my face, chin, arms, those are the ones you an see?? my sweaters are being nibbled on, pulled on, sucked on, sneezed on.
it's just like having a baby, i carry wet wipes with me, and kleenex, cause little maxi has a cold, and i am constantly wiping his nose (hink de oglum)
I made him some shirts with polar fleece, i had a blanket that i had made for taylan, but it was actually quite small, so i cut that up and made pillows for all the babies, i also got beds for everyone. One for max to sleep in in my room, and then i got 4 other kinds, i took one to the office, then i have one for the cat, one for max in the living room and one big one for heidi, who didnt want to have anything to do with it, but this morning when i went to take max out, there was heidi in her bed in front of our door. warmed my heart.
the cat (goober) and heidi have resigned themselves to max, the cat doesnt hiss and spit anymore, in fact, they both lay on my lap and curl up together, heidi wont get playful, but she at least stands still when max yip yaps around her legs and tries to bite her. Poor Heidi, first she had to get used to the kitten who was wrapping himself around her legs and biting hr, and now max who is just dying to be friends with her, she is a very patient dog that Heidi…..

HOpe everyone is doing well.

the bad news here is that since the bird flue thing, no turkeys......I know we werent going to have one for Thanksgiving, but I was really counting on one for Christmas, I might have to bring one overe from Cos. Wonder if they'll let me bring one in., (customs that is) you all heard about our fiasco this summer when a friend of mine and i went over and she brought back a ton of pork and it was confiscated at customs.....well, i just couldnt bare tht to happen.

This thread has 43 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!