Coffee Break Room #2

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Good morning everyone!

I decided that we don't need a *daily* break room for a while yet. With just a few regulars on the forum, we can probably just hang out in the same thread for a week or so.

I'm making pizza dough this morning for a homemade pizza supper tonight. What's for supper at your house?

Dahlias are the topic in my brain at the moment. My DIL brought over a huge clump of tubers she'd dug up and wanted me to show her how to divide them. BOY was *I* busy yesterday! I had to do a quick study...never really had the opportunity divide them before this. But since I plan to start a collection next year, I figured I better learn how to do it. Thank Heaven for the Dahia forum! I posted my S.O.S over there then went web surfin' to see what I could find on my own. LOTS of info found *and* digested! Now for the hands-on. (I didn't know I'd need surgical skills to GROW anything! LOL)

Ok...I'm off to see what kind of trouble I can get into...or maybe I'll just get some more laundry done.
:-D

Y'all have a good day!

~julie~

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Does anyone have Picasa w/'Hello'?

I'm trying to set up the software and need a 'playmate' to try it out before I send a link on to a couple of friends.

Anyone?

~julie~

Orangeville, ON(Zone 4b)

Mornin' Julie,
I'm having pizza tonight too but I'm getting someone else to make it,lol.
Dahlias, so pretty, but that's the extent of my knowledge. Maybe something I'll look into next season but that's my problem; I want to know and grow so many things that I don't know where to start and stay focused. Right now I'm dealing with understanding seeds and when to plant and how to plant, blah blah blah.....Some friends gave me some seeds to get my garden growing and then my neighbor came over last night with a "get well" gift basket of seeds.......well I best get well cuz I'll be planting my life away,haha.

Erynne

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

have Picassa,, Julie, but how does one get with hello?

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Good Morning Erynne! Glad you found the 'Break Room!' Oh...do I ever know *exactly* what you're going through re: the "getting it all together from the ground up". I was was there last year. I'm just just now beginning to be able to relax and breathe. Last year, I ordered lots of things from lots of places expecting a LOT more than I received. LOL BUT it did teach me more than I could ever have learned without the experience of disappointment.

I took a gazilllion cuttings of Coleus and geraniums and anything else I thought I might be able root. *Then* I got into "begging" for seeds to try the Winter Sowing...I got MORE seeds (and *more* plants) than I knew what to do with. (Thanks to the DG members)...I planted well over 150 containers, each with a full pack of seeds.

AND *then* Spring came! The story gets longer and L-o-n-g-e-r
and L-O-N-G-E-R and....
L
O
N
G
E
R

LOL

And FINALLY I just decided to blow the bank account and BUY MORE! (Yes, ossifer...I'm addicted!) I know about the frailty of *focus,* too. LOL (You *will* survive this! hehehehe)

Hi Maria...'Hello' is an instant messenger type program that you can get through Picasa. It's a free download. You use it, I assume, like you would MSN IM or any of the others except this one is meant to be used with photos along with the chat-service.

I got it installed this morning...took a little more time that I expected due to the security feature of having to type in a series of characters in a box that I couldn't read much less copy. hehehe (I think it took me about 6 tries before I managed to match what they were looking for. LOL) At any rate, I've never used it before and wanted to set it up so I could show my sister photos when she gets her first computer at Christmas time. SO I need to learn how to use it before I try to *teach* her. ;-)

If you want to try it...just clink on the 'Hello' icon down at the bottom of the Picasa screen. It will take you directly to the 'Hello' info and download page.

~julie~

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

I did,Julie, but now what? Am suppose to be on hello

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Did you get it installed? If so, D-mail me with your user name and I'll try to connect with you. ) I'm jsr535
~julie~

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

I'd like to have pizza tonight....(I could eat pizza all day, every day, lol!) but they had some last night while I was working......so I guess it's up to me to figger something out tonight....any ideas of something fast/easy doesn't take long to cook?
(Time is a commodity I haven't much of lately!)

Gotta get to work....TTYL.

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

HI Nan! Yep! The pizza dough is made and in the fridge (my recipe is a little different than most)..it'll come out for counter rising after noon sometime. We're pretty much the same...at least DH is...he could literally eat pizza everyday and for lunch in between. LOL

Now for a quick easy meal we always keep some of those Bertolli Italian frozen (bagged) meals on hand. Eric will deep fry a prebreaded Veal pattie and serve it all with nice big salad. We have those just about once a week. (It's *my* favorite...well...it's my favorite amongst the things that *he* will eat. I'd rather have a good tuna/noodle casserole. hehehe)

~julie~

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

Julie- I was the one that wanted Pizza and DH wouldn't get it. No fair.....wonder if he will get me some tonight...the 2x4 is in the corner, so maybe he'll be nice. Tell me how you make yours. maybe I'll give it a try next week.

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Yes....I know you were about to use that 2 X 4 last night...didn't really want to mention it. LOL

Sarv, my recipe is from Cook's Illustrated. You need a heavy duty food processor, and two days to make it. LOL (Actually last week I cheated and did it in one day by doubling the amount of yeast from 1/2 teas to 1 full teaspoon.)

Let me see if I can find the link to the page I printed out.......
Yeah, right! Cook's Illustrated won't let you in without a current membership. YUCK!! (I let mine expire)

You don't happen to subscribe to the magazine do you? I can find the issue, if you give me some time. I can also ....ooops....better not say that. hehehe

~julie~

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

Hello, everyone!

I clicked "Watch Thread", but it didn't notify me of postings. This has happened a lot lately; wonder if it's my computer, but I don't know how it could be.

DS just helped me dig up Iris'. Now I have enough to canvas the area! I probably won't get them back in the ground until Sunday or Monday as I'm leaving tomorrow for my artist workshop weekend. I'm really looking forward to it. So, if y'll don't hear from me for a couple of days, you know why.

Have a good weekend, and keep an eye on our CANDU friends!

Jody

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

I didn't know about Hello from Picasa. I'm going to check it out now!

DH is at a high school football game with our neighbor guy, about half an hour away from here. Our school is playing the #1 team in the state in the playoffs. It's the first time in the history of our school (33 years) that they have made it to the playoffs. They won game one last weekend, against a school from Cleveland. Got the house to myself tonight! Well, there are the cats...

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Well,

Good evening everyone,,,,couldn't make it this morning,,,had to be in Salon earlier than normal.

Julie and I tried Picasa Hello,,,,,IS THAT COOL!!!!!!! SO much fun. I have let our Canadian counterparts know that we have gone under deep cover and will only be discussing future plans on Picasa Hello.

I also hypnotized Sandy,,,so,,,we should hopefully have their complete cooperation from now on. We'll see if it worked,,,,she's supposed to post in the Canadian forum that she Invited us and will give us a garden tour of her friends' gardens. he he he

Well, hope to be able to check in tomorrow morning.

Kelly

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Well, I'm still on............my user name is the same as here. I was hoping you'd invite me to chat........... :-(

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Well, Good morning all,

I thought I'ld get an early start and beat everyone here this morning. LOL

Picasa Hello, WOW, what a cool program. Julie and I *played* with it yesterday afternoon,,,,how FUN,,,,,,,, last night, Kylee and I chatted for a bit also. If anyone wants to add me my username is GardenGeekWI.

There was a little bit going on in the CANDU Forum and also with urs,,so check it out,,,LOL

Well, I guess I should get to bed,,,hope everyone has a good day. I'll try to check in later.

Kel

This message was edited Nov 12, 2005 12:09 AM

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

Julie- I don't subscribe to what you asked....FIND YOURS!! LOL DH thinks it would be fun for me to try making pizza.....

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

;-(( still can't get into hello...what am I doing wrong??

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

I had a BALL on Hello yesterday! What a WONDERFUL way to chat...AND send pics! Kelly sent me a "YUK..." and I sent her my DGD. LOL I got to talk to Kylee just a minute ago (thanks for the log in name, Kylee). It's such a simple way to connect with people.

If you don't have it, you HAVE to get it!! And with all the picture 'viewers' that I've used over the years, Picasa is THE best! (It sure points out just how sloppy I've been at naming my folders. LOL)

Here's a link to the "Hello" page:
http://www.hello.com/help.php
And here's a link to the Picasa page:
http://picasa.google.com/index.html
(Just to let you know...the page didn't want to load for me just now, but I know it's a working site...try later)

Sarv...I'll try to get that pizza dough recipe scanned for you...way too much to type and I'd probably make too many mistakes doing it. LOL

For Maria...if you have the Picasa installed and open on the desktop you should be able to access "Hello" very easily. You don't even *have* to have a picture ready to send...but you do have to have some friends listed in your "Friends" list to use it.
(Go back and look at the image I sent you of the Picasa Screen.)

Click on that 'Hello" icon (the one with the red arrow pointing to it. If you have "Hello" installed...it will run immediately.

I guess I always have a picture in the tray so the opening screen is "Send pictures to friend" ...I just click to cancel that and go to the regular "Hello" screen.

Down at the bottom of the screen is a icon that says "Add Friend" with a green "plus sign". Click on that icon...and enter my Log In name (jsr535).

It will send me a notice and I'll accept it. We can work from there directly on the "Hello" screen.

Gotta go read some more threads...be back in a little while!

~julie~

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Well, I can't believe it, but my new camera is on the FedEx truck to be delivered today! I only ordered it on Thursday! And I didn't pay for extra fast shipping either. They told me it would arrive just after Thanksgiving. Did I miss Thanksgiving or something??

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

YIPPPPPEEEEEEE!!!!! We'll be able to SEE the results in HELLO!! :-D

Kylee...I'll bet you're sitting on the stoop WAITING for the truck...I know I would be!

~julie~

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

I'm thinking of taking a nap so the time goes by faster. LOLOLOL

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

No nap,,,you're liable to miss Fed Ex guy,,,,,

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Don't DO that!! You'll miss him and then it will take longer to charge the batteries! I can't WAIT that long! :-)

~julie~

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

I don't sleep that soundly that I'm likely to miss him... LOL... but I didn't lie down. I went outside to water plants. It has been a week since I watered and we've gotten negligible rain, even with the storms that went through here earlier this week. Everything is SO dry.....

And I wish the Fed Ex guy would HURRY UP AND GET HERE!!! I can get here from Ft. Wayne in 40 minutes!!!!! What's taking HIM so long?!?!?!?

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

I have to be stealthy today with my popping in and out,,,Bill is home and HATES when I'm on DG,,,,so,,,,just wanted to let you know,,,,I'll be in and out like Houdini,,,LOL

Kelly

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Quoting:
What's taking HIM so long?!?!?!?

You know the "Watched pot never boils" hehehe
(I *know* just how you're feeling!)

Dh is *threatening* to buy me a new camera for Christmas (And yes, I *use* the word "Christmas!") It's not because I need one, mind you...he's just "being nice". How COOL is that? :-)

Kelly...I know what you're talking about...would he feel better if all got together and chatted on Hello? LOL & LOL (He'd probably spit when he saw pics of gardens and flowers flying all over the place. Would serve him right, eh? ROTFLOL)

~julie~

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

I'm Baaaaack,

OC finally went to bed so I can check in.

julie,

no, he hates when I'm on the puter anytime,,keeps threatening something about getting rid if my cable modem or some nonsense,,,thinks I have boyfriend,, I have offered to show him all my boyfriends' pics from the pic thread,,,LOL

Kelly

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Here's a pic of the Pentax Optio that suffered a debilitating concussion at the hands of my amaryllis pot...

Thumbnail by kbaumle
Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Kylee,

That's quite the little boo boo,,,poor camera,,,LOL,,,Did Fed Ex guy show up?

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Yes. How do you think I got a picture of the damage? ;-) I think it's amazing that the LCD screen is just fine. You would think that would have suffered some damage!

You probably figured that out right after you posted, right, Kelly? Oh, and I asked him if they always work on Saturdays and he said yeah, they do. They get Mondays off.

This message was edited Nov 12, 2005 10:34 PM

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

LOL,,,another DUH moment here,,,,,OY

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Super looking pic, Kylee! Congratulations! (They get Monday off? ALL of them???)

~julie~

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

That's what he said! That's why they always work on Saturdays.

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

I got six milk jugs ready to go for my winter sowing today! They're on a shelf in the garage, waiting for January. :-) They're saving them for me at work (from the distilled water they use), so I'll have plenty of them by the time I get ready to sow the seeds. I haven't decided just what all I'm going to plant yet.

I did manage to collect a little bit of Chinese Forget-Me-Not seed today. :-) I just love that.

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Kylee...I'm glad to see you starting that collection of containers for Winter Sowing this season. I just went back into my electronic cardfile (Software called AZZ Card file) and looked at list of container sown seeds. I actually had 106, instead of 160. (But it *felt* like 160!) LOL

And now that I look back on the experience, I'm amazed at how well the project worked out.

The thing that sparked my backward glance was your comment about the Chinese Forget Me Nots. I was given some seeds for those in the huge pack from my DG friend...and they were one of the most successful things I planted. I have several little clumps of them in three different beds.

Which reminds me again...I *need* to post a pic.

This is a shot of my Chinese Forget-me-not. I was shooting the flower...but got the 'bug' as well. (I love this one!)

~julie~

Thumbnail by julie88
Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

I thought the Chinese one didn't have a yellow eye. I thought that one was a brunnera. Someone here (I forget who!) told me that in another thread.

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

This one is definitely not a Brunnera...and I don't think it's the Myosotis, either. It came labeled as "Chinese" ...wait a minute! I've got pictures of my Brunnera (Mrs Moon...so those flowers may be completely different.)

Yep, they're different. But I just love my "Forget-me-nots" no matter which variety they are. :-)

Here's Mrs. Moon...not the best pic...but it shows the flowers (Don't you just love the pink/blue mix on these as the flowers mature?)

~julie~

Thumbnail by julie88
Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Here's my Chinese one. I'm so confoooooozed! LOL.

Thumbnail by kbaumle
Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

And here's the one I had (it rotted at the end of the summer!). I just loved this one and am sad I don't have it anymore.

Thumbnail by kbaumle

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.