Possible low blood sugar....how to test for it at home?

Franklin, WI(Zone 5a)

I have been "dieting" for about six weeks to lose weight but also to hopefully lower my cholesterol while developing healthy eating habits. I am experiencing frequent episodes of feeling "off kilter", (dizzy), weak, confused (training on a new job), irritibility, not to mention feeling extremely fatigued MOST of the time etc.

I had my blood sugar tested in September and it was 94. That was prior to starting my "diet" and while I was still eating lots of sugar and fat.

Is there any way to test my sugar at home/work during one of my "episodes" without having to get a prescription from a physician for the "stuff" I would need to do this?

I am really having a difficult time learning my new job because of all these symptoms and I'm starting to worry that I could be let go because its taking me so long to "catch on" to my processes and responsibilities. I have a strong suspicion that I am suffering from low blood sugar most of the time and I would like to confirm it.

Thanks for any advice~

Sandy

This thread has 14 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!