seed pod help

Vegas,NV Filbert, SC(Zone 7b)

My kitty broke off my only seed pod from my datura. It is still green. Should I just throw it away or is there a hope that it will dry and I will be able to collect the seeds??

Union City, CA(Zone 9b)

I would save it - watch it - if it starts to rot I would toss it . otherwise , it doesn't take up much space .

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

I cut a couple of mine off when still green because it was getting cold, two days ago I opened them up and seeds were ripe.

I have it outside in a dry area, not that we have moist areas here. I am hoping. It is the first and only seed pod I have had so far.

Dang furbaby.

Huntsville, AL(Zone 7a)

Sometimes it seems like a toss up.. do I keep the critters or do I keep the plants!?! Right now I'm fighting a losing battle trying to keep my kitten out of all the big pots I brought in to protect from the frigid temps. Came home from work one day and she had excavated the soil about half the depth of the pot out onto the wood floor. Aaaaarrrrrrgggghhhhh.... I know what you mean.

Barb

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Hi Carat,

Just a warning .. datura, all parts of it are very toxic to small animals and children. Hope your furbabies are nibblers like mine are!

Xeramtheum

No, none of my current animals eat or nibble on any of my plants except for the cat nip in a container by their condo outside.

CARAT

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.