Greetings from Kmom

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Ok, I know you all thought I fell off the face of the Earth last year when DH went to Iraq as a contractor. In a lot of ways, I think I DID! Anyway, he spent the summer there and has been home for a year and now he is getting ready to go back. So, here's the abreviated version of some 365+ days...

* We moved to the middle of the Great Basin 60 some odd miles outside of Reno, NV (read: high desert)

* We acquired 4.7 acres of - sand. (yes, it's sand at least 5 ft down!)

* I became a grandma (I may have dropped by and mentioned that, already)

* We still have our land in TN, but moving to NV meant that I could keep my job (meaning we can aford to eat)

* Our "farming" activites, so far, have been limited to planting some trees and buying a small tractor - and drawing up lots of dreams

* It took me two months, but I finally got someone to come out here and give me high speed internet access

* Did I mention that I have the most beautiful granddaughter on the planet? *Gush* *Gush*

I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with snow, but DH found me a good little 4WD vehicle to commute into Reno with. I told my boss that I will NOT be driving in if there's a snow storm. That's what high speed internet access is for - for working from home in my jammies!

You all take care and many blessings to you. I'm going to make a serious effort to reconnect with you all.

-Karla

This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!