uh-oh, major time for change - cholesterol woes

Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

DH just had his cholesterol reading, not good.....344. I've been on BP meds for quite some time, listened to the salt/fat intake warnings, I guess NOW I'm more concerned than ever. Though I've never had a reading that high I guess his reading is scaring me into action (bout time dont cha think!LOL!) DH has agreed to quit smoking (YEAH!!!!-I hate the smoke smells) and were both concerned enough to make some major changes, it will be hard for him --- he is not a vege lover, we both love eggs, I love butter/margarine and I'm a heavy salt user. I can excersise --- he cannot (disabled, yes --- can walk/talk,ect but cant be on his feet for long). So I have a bit of an advantage over him with excersize, I really need to make sure were cutting out the cholesterol and salt intake and follow healtier eating habits. He eats a ton of ice cream each night (weird he's not overweight) so I can make us healthy "friut/yogurt" shakes in the evening in place of his ice cream habit, and incorporate more veges,fish,ect.

Does anyone have a PDF sort of "daily cholesterol intake" diary? I've been looking online, I'm really suprised that the American Heart Association does not have one , they have bullet points on the percent guidelines of cholesterol and salt intake but I cant find any kind of a personal tracker. Maybe I can make my own. Reading food lables is going to be a task so I'd like to be able to track what we are adding each meal so as not to go over the recomended daily intake. I'll keep checking on-line but so far I'm not happy with what I find.

This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!