What predator gutted & beheadded my chickens ?

Claremore, OK(Zone 6a)

Today was a sad day. I went out to my coop this morning to find 3 of my 4 adolescent chicks had been

killed by something. I got them as tiny chicks Aug. 15 and they were comming along nicely. They were so

tame and sweet, just like pets.

Something chewed their heads and gutted them. I can't see anywhere that anything could have entered the

pen. No digging around bottom, no open areas, nothing. I even have them covered over top with roof over

their area. I am very puzzled as to what could have done it , especially since I can't find any areas of entry

or exit. Has anyone experienced this also ? Do you have any clues as to what it might have been ?

I'm concerned, as I also have a coop of older chickens in a pen next to it. So far nothing has bothered them.

I had the baby pen even more secure since they were so tiny when I first got them.

Normally I don't curse, but this is enough to make me say [Removed by Dave] !!!! I'm so disappointed.

PeggieK

This thread has 65 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!