Photos For the New Iris Banner

Irving (Dallas area), TX(Zone 8a)

Since I was the one who originally made the DG banner image and Dave doesn't have time to do this himself, I seem to be elected as the banner image person. FlowerFrenzy asked for a banner image specifically for the Iris forum, so I'm going to help get one. :)

So whoever wants to, post your iris photos as submissions for the new banner for the Iris forum.

Guidelines:
−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−
● Please post only 3 (max) per person (otherwise we'll end up with 300 photos).
● The photos have to be at least 130 pixels tall and 800-999 pixels wide.
● The submitting will finish (so I can put the photos in the banner image and start the voting) on November 2, at 8:00 PM (Central Time)
−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−
Reminder: The best photos for this will probably not be the really close-up ones as the top and bottom of the photo will be cut off.

Ok, you can start posting photos!

-Paul-

This message was edited Nov 1, 2005 9:21 PM

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Well, most of mine are close ups...but I'll give it a try!

Here's 'Dandy Candy'

Thumbnail by flowerfrenzy
Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

'Entangled'

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

'Evening Drama'

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Shucks, I've got four I want to submit, but I guess I'll only submit three of them. :-(

Thumbnail by laurief
Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Hmm, that didn't work. Let's try again ...

Thumbnail by laurief
Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

trying a second time with the second pic ...

Thumbnail by laurief
Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

and the third ...

Thumbnail by laurief
Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Very nice, Laurie! What is the one in the 2nd picture?

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

The second one is 'Little Episode', SDB, which is actually much more attractive in person. It's color really gets distorted photographically (particularly with my digital). It's an extremely vigorous grower and abundant bloomer, and I'll have plenty available for trade next summer. ;-)

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Oh goody! I don't have that one! I'll have to add it to my list of "laurief trade possibilites"!

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Ok, I don't have many and yours are all so much "gorgeouser" but will give it the 'ole try....

number 1

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

number 2

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

number 3 (and I now want to own all the ones flowerfrenzy and laurie posted lol!)

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

all that Jazz

Thumbnail by tazzy
Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

lily~

That's the way it goes! LOL! My wish list grows almost every time someone posts a new picture.

Gorgeous pictures, everyone! Keep them coming! :0]

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

This is Social Graces. Love every crinkle.

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Dutch Iris - Eye of the Tiger with assorted TBI

Thumbnail by doss
Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Great pics, doss! Don't you just love 'Eye of the Tiger'? I have that one and it doubles itself every year! This is it's 3rd year, and I'm going to have to dig up some bulbs and move them next year.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

This is 'Glistening Icicle'. Beautiful but so short lived that I don't think it's worth growing. But it makes a pretty photo.

Thumbnail by doss

fogbound

Thumbnail by tazzy
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I do love Eye of the Tiger - dug up quite a number of them this year to redo the perennial garden but they are popping up everywhere. They are hard to kill, that's for sure. And so intense- I didn't alter any of the photos here.

whoop em up

Thumbnail by tazzy
Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Doesn't anyone else have other photos to post? I was hoping we'd get a few more before tomorrow morning's cut-off!

Actually that's 8:00 PM (I forgot to put that), there'll be a little more time. :)

Willamette Valley-OS, OR(Zone 8a)

Boy There are Some Nice Ones Up There that Will Crop Nicely.

Where's notmartha...Where's Wandasflowers...Where's...(Can't Remember Everyones Names)
They Have Some Great Mixed Colors(ed) Photos that Would Crop Nicely.

Boy Everyone's Getting the Hang of it Now...lol.

Spinning Wheel

Thumbnail by tazzy
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Here is my number 1.

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

And number 2.

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

And number 3.

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Flower Frenzy - - that was an excellent idea you had!! All those above photos are so nice! I hope others will post too.

~ Margie

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Great photos, Margie! I especially like #3...are the irises in the pic 'Chevalier de Malte' and 'Last Laugh'?

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

OOOOOO - I know have a very bad case of IRISITIS!! :-)

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Here's 1. Never tried this before but it was interesting to see how different sizes change the effect of the pictures.

Thumbnail by Elizabethtown
Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Here's a 2nd

Thumbnail by Elizabethtown
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks Flower Frenzy. I didn't jot down the names of those iris, but they were taken while I was in Keith Kepples' garden, - - so I'm thinking they probably are. I love your photos too - - they are so crisp and clear........ a real joy to view. Keep it up.

~ Margie

Ok, the time is up and I'll have them ready for voting soon. :D

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Elizabethtown - those photos are really nice. I especially like the 2nd one.

Yorkshire,

Lilyfantn, the iris in your first picture is wonderful, I just LOVE it and keep having to go back and having another look at it :D
What kind is it and what is it's name please, I would really like to try to track it down.
Hmmmmm, I wonder if it would grow over here in UK.

Terri

Update: I've got a lot of the work done now so I'll probably start the voting tomorrow.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.