What I do on a rainy day in So. California

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

We don’t get a lot of rain during the summer or fall, so during that time I am usually in my garden. But when we do get some rain and I can’t work the soil for several days, I still want to do something “for” my garden.

I have always liked birdhouses, but only had a few scattered around. A few weeks ago, my sister gave me some cheap unfinished birdhouses she had bought, so I decided to play around with them and make me a little community of houses for the top of my Arbor where my climbing roses don’t reach.

I have a lot of odds and ends from craft projects (like most of us do), so these birdhouses have not cost me a penny so far. I decided to keep them all simple, but to have a unique look to each of them, so I made all the roofs different.

This house was given to me by my neighbor as a kit, for watching her home while she was on vacation. It is solid redwood and the roof called for something heavy. I went to the side of my house and got some gravel and made a Rock roof.

Donna

Thumbnail by SoCal
This thread has 38 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!