indoor bonsai suggestion

Wayland, MA(Zone 6a)

Hi everyone,
I am just a beginner at bonsai I started a ginko tree 2 years ago and it has survived .it looks pretty good I will post a pic later But I want to try an indoor one can anyone suggest a plant that would do ok in a heated house all winter ? I was thinking of ficus may be. I have been looking at all of the posts ans pics here and I am so impressed with them! that wissteria! I have allways wanted to grow one but never had the space .I can't wait till spring I'm gona get me one !
Laurawege

Kenosha, WI(Zone 4a)

Laurawege,
Noticed a nice ficus up for Auction on E-bay today.
Link: eBay item:GINGER FICUS BONSAI (#4418027812).

It is an easy maintenance indoor plant.
Vic

Pittsfield,, MA(Zone 5b)

any Ficus, scheffelera, Jade, fukien tea....my house is FULL of bonsai. This scheffelera was a huge house plant and over several years I've reduced it. I've trimmed it more and it's awesome. At Bonsai West I've seen them with all the limbs trimmed way back which makes for smaller leaves. I may do that in the spring just before it goes out for the summer

Thumbnail by bseddon
Aurora, TX(Zone 8a)

Wow..........I love what you've done w/your scheffelera! Makes me want to go trimming at mine!

Aurora, TX(Zone 8a)

I have several nice little bonsai myself. Breynia, leptospermum, jade, ponytail, adenium.........had a fukien, but lost it to watering neglect. Darn it anyway.......am pondering trying a serissa foetida. They're so lovely, and the foliage is to die for. =)

Pittsfield,, MA(Zone 5b)

serissa foetida is SOOOOO unforgiving! Forget to water it in June and it dies a month later.... Happened to me a couple of times.... My fukien tea is doing well tho altho all my plants were yelling at me last night.... got a bit behind with Christmas and life in general!

I have a Daviana Fig I bought this summer that I'll have to take pictures of and send. It is AWESOME and part of last year's Christmas gift from my crew. Bonsai has become an obsession/addiction..

Pittsfield,, MA(Zone 5b)

check this out! http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/485314/ I have some photos posted there

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.