Groundhog

Burlington, MA(Zone 6a)

AKA; Whistlepig, Woodchuck....vicious destroyer of gardens. Well this one ate but didn't get away.

Thumbnail by gardening101usa

You will be very fortunate if there was only one. Don't they just have the meanest sound. Had one that used to scare me every so often when I came around the corner of HIS building.

Burlington, MA(Zone 6a)

Picture was just one of so far five....no longer living pests. Now I got loads of chipmunks or "CUTE RATS", as my neighbor would say. They eat everything including annuals, prennials, fruits off trees and much more.

I just found several burrows around the house, shed and barn...I bought some sulfur bombs from Thomas Fencing (3 dozen). Well things are going to be a bit smoky for a day.

Olympia, WA(Zone 8b)

GARD,
Yes re: smoky, but are they DEAD!!?? I was hoping I had detected a laser sight on his furry little back, hehehe

Best;
bluelytes

Burlington, MA(Zone 6a)

LOL, I just put a laser sight on my 1250 ft per second .22 pellet rifle made by RWS DIANA Model 350 Magum. It's a break barrel, spring load. No license required although I have several regular pistols and rifles. They even can be mail ordered and delivered right to your residence, in most states.

Olympia, WA(Zone 8b)

GARD,
Well, getcha some fresh batterys to power up that laser, and good hunting, ;) Can just hear GARD SAY, "Well, Mr. Groundhog, do you FEEL LUCKY?? Do ya, rodent face". lolrof

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

lol Blues....where were you when they made Caddyshack???? You would have made a good advisor to Bill Murray....:)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.