I lost my Immortality

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

if anyone has a rhizome to trade, PLMK. thanks.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Sorry Vossner, I don't have one but I sure am sympathetic. It is a good one.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Was that one that I sent you? I thinned mine way out this year, but if you don't find another one, I'll be able to divide mine again in two years.

Joan, you and Louise (weegy12) were the two lovelies that have started me into this addiction. And yes, it was the Immortality you sent me. I planted it inground and it immediately shot a couple of new leaves. then it completely disappeared. Don't know what happened.

Every single plant that I've gotten from you two has made it, with that one exception.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Hmm..don't know. Was it planted somewhere that it maybe got too much water?

Anyhow, if you don't find another one, remind me in a few years after the rhizomes I kept back multiply.

I'm not sure. Water doesn't sit there ever, and this was definitely a drought year in my garden. However, I notice plants in this particular bed seem to thrive and when I stick my finger in the ground, it is always "less dry" than any other bed.

I am tempted to dig to see if the rhizome is still there, but I always ruin the plants when I do this, lol.

Thanks for the offer, Joan. I'm not in a hurry, it's just that I have this fancy label made up and with no plant, looks more like a headstone, lol

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Maybe it's just done for the year? Maybe it still thinks it's in North Dakota and it's time to go to sleep. LOL

Seriously, I'd leave it until next spring and see if it comes back. But if you can find another one, go for it.

I thought that maybe it was planted too deep, but that doesn't usually kill them, they just don't bloom.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I have one that is probably big enough to divide (it was my only iris until recently... thanks, Joan!). However, I'm thinking it may be a little late in the year to divide iris here... and I have no idea how to go about it. By next summer, I should've had a lesson in how to divide them from the folks in the local iris society (I'm a new member), so if you're still looking then just give me a nudge!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

If I have an extra Immortality, which I probably do, it's yours. I'm pretty sure I have plenty. Will let you know. You should have come to me!

Thanks Louise. You and Joan have done more than enough. I got impatient with myself and couldn't figure out why something that was doing so great disappeared all of a sudden. Anyway, I couldn't stand it any more and went "peeking". The rhizome is there and looks very good and solid. I think it's gonna come back.

I'm closing this thread as it looks I didn't lose my Immortality after all!

Thank you again.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Oh, good news! Some of my newly planted ones have died back like that too, so I'll hope see them poking up cheerfully in the spring.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

You just let me know if you need anything else that I have, still digging up here!

I have a green coming up on my Immortality, yipee!!!!!!!!!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Yea, is that the one I sent you???? Don't close this thread, I want to see your Immortality!

No, it was from Joan. You and Joan share iris angel duties, lol

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Glad to be of service!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Weegy,
I would love anything you have too much of...you have such beautiful flowers! I am hoping to get some tulips into the ground this week here in Georgia...haven't felt well enough to do any digging in a while, but if the weather holds, I AM GOING TO DIG if it kills me...LOL, wish my puppy was big enough to help...she would love to dig some holes for me...anyway, hope all of you had a great holiday!
Janet

Here are some Amarilla I forced for Christmas..thought you would enjoy seeing them...

Thumbnail by JanetS
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Janet, I'll be glad to share whatever I have but we'll have to wait til next summer. I think I'm getting ready to put the irises to sleep for now. Now's the time to concentrate on the weeds and deadheading. Remind me ok.
Thanks for the picture of the amaryllis. BEAUTIFUL!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Will do and thanks for the offer!
Janet

Here's my red one it finally opened!

Thumbnail by JanetS

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.