Iris patterns and markings

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

Does anyone know where on the net I can find this info? Shadowwood's isn't working.
TIA
Winnie

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

It isn't that Shadowood's isn't working. It's that I just haven't had time to work on the project beyond the initial skeleton outline you see on my site. Perhaps some day.

In the meantime, what exactly are you wanting to know? Perhaps we can answer your questions here.

Laurie

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

I thought angelfire might be under construction. I have this iris that I have been trying to id for weeks.
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/552674/
Notice the slits on the falls? I would love to know her name.
Thanks
Winnie

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

I've seen your pic, Winnie, but I don't know the iris. Actually, if those slits are a genetic feature of the plant rather than weather related injuries, I suspect the iris is an unregistered seedling. I can't imagine anyone registering an iris with that sort of form flaw.

Laurie

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

Laurie,
I had'nt even thought of it not being registered. I have had a serious thinking block here lately. [about 49 years] The slits are'nt weather related or at least I don't think so. Thanks for your time. Great website!!
Winnie

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Talk about the eye of the beholder! A flaw?? I thought those "slits" were an attractive feature, adding a certain delicate charm to the bloom. I have a lot to learn about irises! :-)

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

Me too Critter :[

Yorkshire,

I like that little iris with the slits too. I suppose beauty is very much in the eye of the beholder in the world of irises, just like any other plants.

Terri (in England)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.