Has anybody planted Patio clematis?

(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

I do container gardening on a balcony, and have had good success with jackmanii and sweet autumn clematis, but I thought I might try the shorter ones designed to work well in containers.

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

I have no idea, just stepped in to say hi!

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Clematis Vienetta would be a good patio plant. I got mine at Wal Mart this last Spring but I know that Parks has them. It does not get very big. You are one zone below its listed zone, but with zone 5 you are probably having to bring stuff in anyway, so it might not be an issue. On the tag that came with mine it said it makes a great houseplant as well as an outside plant.
http://www.parkseed.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?storeId=10101&catalogId=10101&langId=-1&mainPage=prod2working&ItemId=46973&scChannel=Top%20Ten%20Main

Actually, I don't take any of my perennials in. They all live happily on my 6th floor balcony. I'd never heard of the clematis Vienetta, but it does sound like it's too tender to weather a 5b winter. I was thinking of the Raymond Evison Signature Series that just came out this last year, especially Rosemoor. I plan to get one, maybe two. There were about 4 available this summer. They only get to about 3' high or so.

Thumbnail by revclaus

Hi Vossner! How ya doing??

Judith

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Vienetta IS one of his. He has such LOVELY clematis, doesn't he?? YUM!
I just went and got the tag. Here is what it says:
Raymond Evison Clematis
Vienetta Evipo006
USDA Zones 4-11

Wonder why parks lists it higher... oh well, I think I would take the info from the breeder and that means you could leave it out easily.

Rosemoor is a beauty!

Thanks for that info Pudgy, I'll have to get a Vienetta -- it's a beauty! Rosemoor too, so I might have to get two :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.