Firewall

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Earlier this month I had trojan.vundo invade my computer and finally ended up doing PC restore to get rid of it. It's almost impossible to irradicate. I'm running Norton's Antivirus 2005, and so far it's catching the potential invaders, but I keep remembering the one that got through earlier this month even with everything updated. I tried Norton's Internet Security, but since I'm on dial up and can't have any other connection in my area, it didn't work too well. It slowed my connection down to where it would time out rather than load. So, I'm back to straight Norton's 2005 Antivirus.

Twice tonight I've gotten that pop-up sign in thingy that started my whole trojan.vundo episode that ended in basically a computer out of the box after the PC restore. I just closed it out.

I need another firewall, besides the one that comes with windows xp. Is there another one that I can get for double protection?

This thread has 16 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!