Welcome Lundy

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Lundy is my friend, Lynn, who lives a mile away. Her lovely property was on the Garden Tour on July 9th, along with ours. Let's all welcome her to DG!

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

Welcome Lundy !! ...

Glad to have you aboard!
And am lookin' forward to your sharing your yardens and views with the rest of us ...

- Magpye

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Hi Lynn, any friend of Arlene's is a friend of mine! Welcome to DG. Got pictures of your gardens? We didn't get to go to the tour, remember? Show us what ya got so we can drool. I have a towel right here by the computer! LOL

N.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Welcome Lynn, It will be a treat to have you here. Lurk if you have to but don't be afraid to jump right in. It gives the rest of us the opportunity to get to know you.

Can't wait to see your gardens.

D

Myrtle Beach, SC

Welcome Lynne !!
I hope you enjoy this place as much I do. The poeple here are as wonderful as their plants are beautiful. Jump right in !!!
Show us pictures !!!!
Margo

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Welcome Lynn!!!

I joined just a few months ago and now it seems have been here forever. Dave's is a wonderful, loving family of gardeners who share much more than plants!

ButterflyChaser is right. Any friend or Arlene's................BTW, she said quietly to the side, we have a group for daylily addicts if you should ever know anyone who needs it. LOL

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Leslie

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Lynn, welcome to DG! We have thoroughly enjoyed have Arlene with us and are glad she brought you along. You'll find a great group of people here and a wealth of information and topics about anything you can think you can possibly think of pertaining to gardening and life.

Welcome!

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Howdy Lynn!

Welcome to DG - knowing Pirl already you are ahead of most the folks on here. You will love this place . . . go check out the Daylily, Burg, and Iris Forums right away they are some of the best places to meet people and let that garden grow!

Mitch

..................and dahlias (a/k/a Doss), roses (Zuzu and Doss), daylilies (LaLambChop, Doss, Butterfly Chaser), irises (Doss, Wandasflowers, Weegie), elephant ears/brugs/and more than I can list (Butterfly Chaser), fantastic and unbelievable imagination for using things we find at the "dump" (trackinsand) and friends like Doss, Kaleem, LaLambChop, Butterfly Chaser, Zuzu, and dear sweet Mitch who's done more with less than anyone I know.

Culpeper, VA(Zone 7a)

Welcome, welcome, welcome Lynn!!!

As a former Long Islander, am really looking forward to reading your posts!!!

Bonnie

This message was edited Oct 26, 2005 10:19 AM

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

Lundy
Welcome from Pakistan, friend of Arlene means friend of us.
Hope you will enjoy like us.
Kaleem

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

Welcome!

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

hi from upstate new york.enjoyh yourself here with us.

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Welcome to DG, Lundy/Lynn. I'm looking forward to drooling over photos of your garden, as I do over Arlene's photos.

We're all here waiting for Lynn. tap...tap...tap

Phoenix, MD(Zone 7a)

hey Lynn welcome---- so where are you????

Lynn just wrote to me and she's trying to get here. Let's all be patient for another 30 seconds or so. :-))

She has a post on forums LOVES DIRT, LOVES TO DIG.

Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

HI TO ALL OF YOU , THANKS FOR WELCOMING ME TO DG. I AM SUCH A COMPUTER ILLITERATE THAT I HAD TO CALL MY FRIEND PIRL (ARLENE) TO COME OVER AND SHOW ME HOW TO DO THIS. I HAVE JUST BEEN TOLD THAT TYPING IN ALL CAPS IS IN BAD TASTE- LIKE SCREAMING. SORRY,ITS THE ONLY WAY I CAN TYPE.

Thumbnail by LUNDY
NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

... Lundy' .. AND a fine job you've done .. in that pic post.

Nice shot .. and, a mitey purtee piece of garden there also !!

Really, as long as any of us know that you weren't intentionally bellerin' at us (heehee) - not many of us'll raise much of a ruckus about it !!

Especially, if if you do indeed feel that such .. is the only way that 'you' can type. * Sure wouldn't sweat the 'small stuff'. ((hugs))

Am certainly lookin' forward to more of your pic posts in your threads .. soon!

Once more .. glad to have ya here!

- Magpye

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Welcome Lundy, I love the gazebo. It looks from this angle as if it overlooks the world. What a welcoming place it is.

Phoenix, MD(Zone 7a)

beautiful shot Lundy!
All caps no worries but why not just hit the "caps lock" button and type without any caps at all LOL
if words ar not capitalized in the beginning of a sentence no one cares but somewhere else on the site someone may think you are yelling at them
LOL

Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

o.k. i'll try not using caps. i'm glad you liked my pic. that gazebo is where the swimming pool used to be located. we had it filled in 3 years ago and i had a whole new place to garden. WHOOPIE! i love daylilies, dahlias and dark leafed shrubs. phlox, iris, hosta, and cottage type plants all together. my garden is kind of wild looking but not to weedy. more pix...

Thumbnail by LUNDY
Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

i'm trying to find some great pictures to send. having a problem sending more than one. i'll try again

Thumbnail by LUNDY
NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

The site will allow you to send only one-at-a-time ... You're doing great !!

Also, an FYI: ya gotta be sure to include a wee lil bit of text (or a letter or two) with any pic post .. or it won't fly (post!) ..

Any chance, that you mite could include some ID .. especially with your pics of single plants (?) ... Such would sure help us out.

- Magpye

Lynn - you're doing just fine.

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

... Lundy ...

Although it's lookin' like you've got it 'down-pat', already .. want to mention, that there's a
TEST forum on DG also. > http://davesgarden.com/forums/f/test/ It will allow ya to spread & test your 'wings' (safely) .. in your toyin' about with your skills and the lil xtras DG offers. Such as posting pics, and a whole wonderful slew of other stuffs ..associated to DG.

Along with some other very useful info, found here > FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) > http://davesgarden.com/faq/forums/

- Magpye

This message was edited Oct 28, 2005 2:59 PM

Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

hi from long island, sun and 39* this morning. this is my driveway garden in july.

Thumbnail by LUNDY
Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

more of the same. hope you all are enjoying this as much as i am.....is there a more appropiate form to put pictures on?

Thumbnail by LUNDY
Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Lynn, I love your gazebo! And when my gardens grow up, they wanna be just like yours. Awesome!

BC

Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

hi butterfly, how long have you had your present garden? mine was started in 1998. it's just getting bigger every year and i love it! send a picture of your place.........lundy

Thumbnail by LUNDY
Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Hey Lynn, I've been collecting plants for about 7 years or so. I say collecting because that's what it is. I am just now learning about design and themes and figuring out how I want to arrange everything. So I really don't have the gardens I want yet, just a lot of beautiful plants.

Here's a little scene in front of my house, to the right of the front door. I plan to rework it because it is limited on blooms. I want something in bloom at all times in each garden, and this one seems to have one or two flushes of blooms, and then nothing for months.

Thumbnail by ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I love water gardens and have several. Do you have water features? I couldn't imagine my gardens without a pond or water feature on every side of my house. Here's a pond I installed in my atrium, where I store all my tropical plants for the winter.

Thumbnail by ButterflyChaser

Wow! What I'd give to see Lundy and ButterflyChaser working together: the ideal OC gardening pair.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Welcome Lundy! You are indeed very fortunate to have a gardening friend like Pirl (Arlene). I hope you are the proud recipient of some of her gorgeous Daylilies!! Your gardens are beautiful!! Thanks so much for sharing them with us. We hope to see you around DG's gardening forums!!

Lundy,

Look at what Super Shirley sent me in return for the Festiva Maxima peony I dug up yesterday morning!

She's terrific!

Arlene/pirl

Thumbnail by pirl
Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

i loved you water garden in the atrium. you have some very interesting looking plants. i'm interested in seeing more of your ponds. i have no water features yet, except for a fountain called the 4 seasons which i bought this spring. how warm is it there now... i'm freezing!

Thumbnail by LUNDY
Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Shirley, yes i am lucky to have gotten many gifts from Arlene, not only daylilies but prennials. lots of great advice and a truck load of soil (black gold) that was being removed from their garden.

Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

pirl, that is an awsome plant. clematis?

Yes, Clematis 'Fireworks'. Shirley is an awesome trader. Now aren't you sorry you threw out all those peonies?

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Pirl/Arlene: If you're not careful, that Clematis is going to wind its stems around your kitchen cabinet knobs! :~)

Lundy: Don't throw out anything related to gardening!!! We have forums for trading seeds and plants! Some trade gardening magazines & books too. Someone would be very grateful to trade with you!!! If you don't want it anymore, there is always another gardener that does!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.