Preferred rooting powder/gel/liquid for nep cuttings.

Sherwood, MI(Zone 5b)

I was just wondering what type and particular brand everyone prefers to use on their nep cuttings.

Wolf

Morgan Hill, CA(Zone 10a)

Olivia's Cloning Gel. Available from Calif. Carnivores. Best stuff I've ever used.

Sherwood, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks Phil

No prob Wolf.

Can I use it to clone myself? I'm feeling rather thread bare lately.

Oh let me help you with that Lauren. I'm a wiz with a scalple. Removing your meristematic core would be quick and painf....painless.

Thanks Phil :)

Sherwood, MI(Zone 5b)

HUMMM there are some things that we most definatly do NOT need to be cloning.

Yes, you're right. Perfection is truly hard to improve upon (Equil gasps for air while running full speed to jump for cover into a cyber hole).

Sherwood, MI(Zone 5b)

Well if perfectiong is what you are cloning go ahead and clone yourself and send the clone my way. I could use a lil helper.

Oh my Wolf... you must be sinking into the marital bliss abyss of nod and agree with women even if they are somebody else's wife to keep the peace and shut them up. Eeek, the thought of me being cloned even scares me and I'm sure my husband would be rolling on the floor laughing so hard he'd be writhing in pain at the thought of having to deal with two of me. I do make a good little helper though!

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

I don't use anything..just stick them in sphagnum moss and wait.they always root. :-)

I got lucky and several of my Nepenthes cuttings rooted just sitting in distilled water. Now I need to pot them on and pray LOL.

Joseph

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.