Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Southern Florida**

We have heard from:
aries44, Miami - safe :-), roof and yard damage
artcons, Fort Lauderdale - safe :-), yard damage
bmwrx7, Alva - safe :-), no power yet
budgielover, Pinellas Park - safe :-)
BuriedTreasures, Valrico - safe :-), no damage
candela, Biscayne Park - safe :-), gets to shop for full-sun plants now!
Cearbhaill, North Lauderdale - safe :-), lots of tree and plant damage
celt33040, Key West - safe :-), lots of garden damage
ConnieMounts, Indiantown - safe :-), very little damage
corky59, Lakeland - safe :-)
cyberageous, Everglades - safe :-), gardens and hoophouse destroyed :-(
delecie, Homestead - safe :-), no power, fence down, garden damage from neighbor's tree, tree damage, minor roof damage, and safe :-)
FishMang, Valkaria - safe :-)
Floridian, Lutz - safe :-), no damage
flyboyFL, Longboat Key - safe :-)
Happy_1, Fort Lauderdale - cruisin' :-)
jnana, Cooper City - safe :-), lots of tree and garden damage
MollyMc, Fort Lauderdale - safe :-), tree damage
NinaNana, Palm Bay - safe :-), screen and garden damage
patischell, Fort Pierce - safe :-), tree damage and blue roof is leaking
swtp15, Melbourne - safe :-)
Tplant, Pembroke Pines - safe :-), no damage

We have not heard from:
agedog1, Vero Beach
alexandra1939, Largo
allenboatman, Lutz
anomina, Bradenton
arielsadmirer, Margate
ashobert, Tampa
banana55, Boynton Beach
barbara737, Hallandale
barrystock, Hollywood
Beverlyplants, Kissimmee
BlueDawn, Port Saint Lucie
BobCrinum, Port Charlotte
Brian259, Tampa
bunnies, Cocoa
captphill, Stuart
caribayb, Tampa
carnold10, Saint Petersburg
CATSLARSON, Miami
cinderblossom, Sarasota
colson40, Labelle
Cowpea, Hollywood
Cuddlibug, Naples
danakelly, Miami
digital_zen, Boynton Beach
Dimilib, Fort Myers
dmdrld548, Cedar Key
dooderbug, Brandon
drphyllis, Cape Coral
dwallace59, Bradenton
edfinney, Sarasota
effgee, Boca Raton
enigo, Fort Lauderdale
fabetz, Sarasota
FayeW, Miami
firemansgirl187, Hollywood
FlaBeachBum, Lakeland
Floridagurl46, North Port
flowerchild7, Saint Petersburg
frostproof, Winter Haven
Gardenice, Lutz
GeeMan, Fort Lauderdale
gertmcfly, Rockledge
giancarlo, Miami
goldieloks12000, Delray Beach
goodstoryteller, Venice
GreenestQueen, Bradenton
GreenVelvet, Naples
gsjmia, Boca Raton
handbright, Pompano Beach
Happypat, Melbourne
hawkarica, Odessa
Hudson10, Pompano Beach
ipaint, Jensen Beach
Jamespayne, Sebring
jasonc, Parrish
Jen1940, Lakeland
Jenn_in_FL, Lutz
JerryBeeman, Tampa
jnemeth636, Nokomis
joecordeiro46, Clearwater
joyful1, Lakeland
junglebob, Palm Bay
junglegoin, Holiday
kayma, Bradenton
KillerChihuahua, Merritt Island
KimoJim, Delray Beach
LaAromaDeCuba, Lutz
last_mango, Melbourne
leschats8, Cocoa
liatris39, Sebastian
Liila, Lantana
machiela, Boynton Beach
Marilyn_FL, Fellsmere
MARKARUJA, Boca Raton
marys927, Clearwater
MatthewWest, Fort Lauderdale
Maydreams27, Port Saint Lucie
melm, Zephyrhills
meszaros9, Naples
mikieg, Bradenton
mimia, Fort Lauderdale
mjar, Pompano Beach
mljseashell, Longboat Key
mmesamantha, Merritt Island
mommystuff, Sarasota
moonlace, Pompano Beach
morganmom, Fort Myers
MotherNature4, Bartow
mycophile, Naples
NancyGsa, Lithia
NestEggFarms, Miami
OlgaN, Miami
organicgerry, Naples
orionzbelt, Hollywood
palmdoctor, Pembroke Pines
palmnewbie, Lutz
pati45, Fort Lauderdale
pgcarroll, Clearwater
pinestopalms, Lakeland
plantman9, Fort Lauderdale
pompommom, Cape Coral
purts2, Englewood
revasques, North Port
ricfl, Saint Petersburg
rickdeckard, Tampa
rlwimbe, Fort Lauderdale
roblimo, Bradenton
RoyRogers, Tampa
rv, Fort Lauderdale
sabalgel, Englewood
sbouwkamp, Rotonda West
ScottSullivan, Clermont
seaspur, Sarasota
sheilalarry, Punta Gorda
shipmate, Saint Petersburg
skaz421, Zephyrhills
solon13, Hialeah
soozer, Safety Harbor
spaceman_spiff, Saint Petersburg
susangudheim, Stuart
sylck, Rockledge
tali, Davie
TamiMcNally, Sarasota
Tampaguy, Tampa
TamsTrees, Clewiston
TCat, Fort Lauderdale
Terri, Plant City
terrieurban, Indialantic
Thaumaturgist, Rockledge
tomatina, Fort Myers
travler, Bradenton
tremax, Delray Beach
tribiscus, Myakka City
tropicalbamboo, Loxahatchee
tropicalfreak, Apopka
twparker, Tampa
Vee8ch, Palm Bay
venicegardner, Venice
vnparsons, Brandon
walioko, Big Pine Key
Wenja, Cape Coral
xeriscape8321, Fort Lauderdale
YODAJIM, Lutz
ysabella01, Fort Lauderdale
Zone10Tim, Fort Lauderdale

**Note: This list does not contain ALL the subscribers in Florida! It is just the folks south of Kissimee. If you or a DGer you know were affected by the storm and aren't on the list, please let me know and I'll add you/them!

This message was edited Feb 27, 2006 7:21 AM

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Hap here.....on the &%$%^^*ing cruise. Can anyone tell me if I still have a house to come home to? Can anyone check to see if my baby is OK at the Sunrise Kennel Club on Nob Hill in Sunrise? Put a post on the FL gardeners, but I don't know how has power. Any help would be appreciated. Also, if anyone can see if Bob Willard has telephone service.....he is our emergency contact....965-472-0850

Love to all.

Hap

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Marilyn, Great list!!

I wouldn't count Patischell safe yet... they were just getting the bad side when she last posted.

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

Hap: Posted info for you on the Hurricane Wilma 3 thread: http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/553195/

Marylyn: Heard from artcons this afternoon. He's fine, but he now has a horizontal yard. Not much left that wasn't tied down.

Marilyn

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks, Marilyn!
~ Marylyn :-)

Lakeland, FL

bILLIE IN aLVA OKAY, NO POWER YET. Corky

Lakeland, FL

Molly, Have you heard from Carol? Cork

Commerce, GA(Zone 8a)

Hope all you south Floridians are ok. Link for more info in this morning's Fort Pierce Tribune.

http://www.tcpalm.com/

Corky, Molly has no power yet...

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Here I am! Leaks in the house and apartment, LOTS of tree damage, the sheltered plants are all beat up, but will survive, and the blue roof is still on!!!!!!!!

The generator is working the water pump, one lamp in my apartment, and the fridge and lamps in the house and let my son recharge the batteries in his laptop........HOORAY!

I slept with the windows open and under a blanket...52 degrees! The windows are open to the most beautiful day there ever was. Not a cloud in the sky, breezy from the SW and I'm wearing a sweater!!

They have opened the distribution centers for water, MRE's, and hot meals from the Red Cross. The RC has their roving hot meal trucks out in the neighborhoods. No ice distribution until tomorrow AM. The state provides ice and the counties below us are pulling out of Homestead AFB staging area, our's is coming out of Jacksonville.

Teams from the EOC's, and utilitiy companies are out now making assessments, they started at first light, so we should be getting damage reports later in the day. The big pain in the butt at this stage is Florida Power and Light. They had big promises before the storm about all the trucks in staging areas just waiting to jump in, now this AM we find they have no trucks here! Sure hope they have better luck down in Dade and Broward. Sooooooooooo, we have no idea when we will get power.

Anyway................all that being said, it's a GREAT day for hauling trees and just being alive!!

Pati....a surviving Sloopy(told ya' so!) LOL

Yay, Pati!

DARIUS!!!! You and Molly!!!!! What a team!!! You can cook and she can landscape. This is such great news to start the day!
(((hugs to both)))
Pati

So great to see you posting and know you're okay, Pati. Sorry to hear about your damage, but sooo glad you're safe. Hugs&blessings ... Elaine

Marylyn, as usual you are the survivors rock. I can't imagine coming out of a disaster without you, Terry and the ADM.!

Tamara, thanks for digging out the good information we needed.

And for all the DG'ers that help, worry about us, pray for us and hang in until we come out the other side:

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

When the ice comes in I'll ice down a bottle of champagne and toast you ALL properly!

Salute'
Pati

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

((((((((((((((((((((((our hero, pati))))))))))))))))))))))))))glad you and all the others checking in and are safe.

Floridian posted on the other Wilma thread... safe and no damage reported.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Corky, is Billie "bmwrx7"?

I'm glad to be able to help, Pati. :-) I'm VERY glad you made it through safely!!

Valrico, FL(Zone 9b)

I'm on the list, but we didn't get much of anything here. TS force winds and some much needed rain. All is A-OK

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

Hap - I couldn't reach your friend Bill, but I was able to contact the owner of Sunrise Kennel Club. The connection wasn't very good, but she said the kennel is okay (no electric) and Archie is fine.

Jody

Lakeland, FL

opps Billie is bmwrx7--- sowwy

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Great... Thanks, Corky! :-)

~ Marylyn

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

i didn't see lpokosh listed, she lives in Freeport, Bahamas and posts in the Florida forum, she just checked in their as OK, trees stripped, no power, etc.

tf

Hope Town Abaco, Bahamas(Zone 11)

We feel so fortunate, in Abaco, Bahamas. Power only out 26 hours. Lost one tree and one portion of a huge Fig Tree...wind/salt burn on many things.

Glad Pati and all the others who have checked in are OK.

We have cool weather today...and tonight had to close our windows!! Amazing.

Hope this is IT for 2005 hurricanes.
Kitty

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

you mean alpha is gonna miss you?

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I don't know if Enid (Natural Exotic Selections) is a member or if so her name but I just saw her post in Aroid-l.
As many here have dealt w/ her...............

After Hurricane Wilma has gone through, we find ourselves steamrolled over. We are OK, but most all of the plants and shadehouses have been smashed. Every tree on our property is down or at least broken in half. We may not have power in our area for a month. Luckily we have a generator, and I am able to get online sporadically. We won't be able to ship any orders until further notice.

Ric

Freeport, Bahamas(Zone 10a)

Hello everyone! We are all fine here in Freeport Grand Bahama. It hit harder than we thought but other than minor damage that we can repair we are fine. Hopefully will get power this week! Have water and cable restored so far and phones are now up almost everywhere! Hope everyone else is okay and enjoying this cool weather like I am! I will admit that even though there is a lot of work I love the time after a hurricane. The peace after something that powerful hits is pretty amazing!

Lisa

Russell, KY(Zone 6b)

North Lauderdale (Broward).
Lost power, lost a fence, and lost many plants and trees but the house and all things important are fine.
Saved all of my orchids but the trees they hang in are gone! I forsee lots of sunburned plants!!

I am on precious generator time here- be well everyone!

Thumbnail by Cearbhaill
Russell, KY(Zone 6b)

Just one more- my large black olive out front.

Thumbnail by Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill ... glad to know y'all made it through okay. Take care and I'm sending prayers your way. ... Elaine

POWER JUST CAME ON!!!!! Fort Pierce is split between Florida Power and Light, and Fort Pierce Utilities, an independent. We have FPU and they belong to a confederation of small utilities. The people that restored ours were from Mt. Airy , NC. Not only did I get power, but conversed with the gentlemen in that sweet southern accent so dear to my heart. *smile*
Pati

Cyberageous has been heard from!

Quoting:
It's terrible here in Fort Lauderdale. All my gardens that I worked on for 18 years are gone. I plan to come back and forth to clean up here and at the farm where we took the bad hit. Mike went out there and said we got it bad but the trailer is still standing.

I think our buyer here for the house backed out. What that means as long as we have 2 mortgages and 2 sets of utility bills, we are flat broke. Now 2 generators!

Yay, Pati!! Power is good!

Cyberageous ... so sorry to hear about your home and plants, but glad to know you and yours are safe. Take care and know I'm praying for you. ... Elaine
P.S.
Pati, glad to hear you got power!

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

poor cyberageous, flat broke is an UNDERstatement. but glad you are OK!

Key West, FL(Zone 11)

Just got back to the Keys, Power and water restored, Gardens trashed again, House OK, My vireys collection mostly survived hidden in the palms , took them back out to dry out. Will be paying a visit to top tropicals in Davie to rebuild.
Hope all stay safe be carefull with broken trees, they can cut you up badly.

Neil

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Yeah, Neil, glad you are back...

Glad to see you're safe and back on DG, Neal. Blessings ... Elaine

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

we need more check in's

if you know some-who has comms plese invite them. there is a long worry list.

Homestead, FL(Zone 10b)

Hi everyone. I'm at work today where there is minor damage but full power. Here is my status at home:

No power
The fence is down
My neighbors huge sapodilla tree and one of her key lime trees now rest on the plants in my yard.
Minor roof damage
A big chunk from the middle of my avocado tree snapped and now hangs precariously by a few strips of bark.

I feel extremely blessed that my friends, family and myself are safe and that our homes are still standing. We have a lot to be thankful for! I pray that everyone in the affected areas remain safe.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Delecie - I lived in Homestead for a short time - '89 I think, extremely flat land (nothing to stop or even slow down the wind).

Prayers for all

((((((DELECIE)))))) I have been waiting to hear from you.....so glad you're safe and your damage is no worse than it is. Sounds like your Plumerias made it O.K.

I hope the key lime tree had fruit on it....you can have limeade or a pie! *smile*
Pati

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.