Computer Died ???

Glassboro, NJ(Zone 7a)

We just put a new hard drive into my son's computer and cleaned out the insides, making sure that all connections were tight, etc. We fired it up and it ran perfectly. We put in our Windows XP disk and it first loaded the necessary files and then identified and began to format the new hard drive. I told the boys to call me when the computer finished formatting so I could help them install windows but they called about 15 minutes later saying their computer turned itself off. We have tried to find a problem but nothing is showing. It will not power back up. I suspect a blown power supply but my oldest son says he thinks we fried the motherboard somehow. I'd hate to spend a ton of money on service for this if we can solve it ourselves. Anyone have any ideas ???

Ken & Sue in Glassboro, NJ

This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!