Question about tuber storage temperature.

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

I have read the info on the links and found it very helpful. My question is about the storage temp of my soon to be divided tubers. This will be my first time to attempt this and I don't think the recommed temps will be possible for me to do. I may be able to store at the highest of the suggested temps, but think this too will be difficult. Should I even try? Anyone have success with higher temps? I live in Texas-7a and there would be about a 25 degree change in stored temps to awakening temps. My guess would be that this type of change would allow at least some to do okay.

Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

Last year I stored some saran wrapped tubers in my veggie crisper and they lived to tell about it. It was a last ditch effort as I had run out of storage coolers. My reasoning was that if the lettuce was happy, the tubers should be too!!

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Usually like in the 40's are good for storing. I don't know anything about the refrig. storing at all. If granny says it works, it must. I have way too many to do that, lol.
You can always try it. You never know. Worst can happen is they rot or just don't grow, so what do you have to lose, nothing. Go for it.
Carol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.