Weight Loss Challange Oct 22-29

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Another week is behind us and it sounds as tho most of us are doing well. I didn't weigh in this morning. I've been pretty bad since Thursday night and it is sure to show up. I do alright until late in the evening then the carb cravings do me in. Thankfully most of the stuff in the house is sweetened with SPlENDA or I would really be in trouble. But I did find some poppy seed bread our daughter brought to us months ago in the freezer so I ate every bit of it in the 49 hours period. As well as some cranberry bread made with sugar(do NOT try to make cranberry bread with SPLENDA. It is crumbly and dry. Tastes good tho) Now it is gone so I am no longer tempted with the stuff. I am bad about looking for something to eat while talking to certain persons on the phone. They tend to be long winded and the conversation is usually quite one sided so I eat while listening to them. Bad habit I know.

It is nippy outside this morning. Heavy dew on the ground too. I think it is suppose to warm up a lot tho during the day. I hope so. I don't do gloomy cool or cold weather very well. It is also drepressing so some degree. It really affects Jack badly in that way. I think it is time to clear off the top of the living room LP gas heating stove and get it going for the season. Just enough to take the stagnant air chill out of the house and get the interior walls warm for the winter. It takes a long time to heat up the interior walls of this old house. Most of them are 3'-5' of nearly solid plaster and wallboarding. That is how it was done in many houses built in the early '50s. Wallboarding was new and used only to hold the plaster in place. A big improvement over the lathes that the plaster was spead over time after time because so much of it fell between the cracks between the lathes. There is so little space between the sides of the walls that rewiring can be difficult. Hardwood floors make it harder to heat too. But I can't have carpeting and don't think I want it either after our last experience with it. If we ever did it would be loose laid with no padding under it so it could be rolled up and cleaned under periodically. And it is so expensive nowadays to get good quality carpet.

We didn't really care much for the vinyl upholdstering samples we got last week so I'm going out looking for more on Monday. Not very many patterns available in vinyl nowadays I hear. We don't want solid tho if we can avoid it. We have 2-4 chairs to get redone.

Drink the water everyone. It is so important for good health. Sometimes when we think we are hungry what we really need is water. I've been managing the 2 qts. a day lately but don't know if I am getting rid of anywhere near that amount. I guess that is good because when I do start to lose that water weight the scales will be very kind again.

Anna, do you have pictures of the new grand baby yet? We are all eager to see them.

GOD bless and keep each of you.

This thread has 29 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!