Painted Gourd inspiration

Loveland, CO(Zone 5b)

Hi Guys,

I had these posted in the photos forum, and people suggested I share them elsewhere :) So, here's a little photo collage of the gourds my grandma paints, I hope you like them. There are pictures in the photos forum under "Sarah's Grandma's House" that show more gourds, but they're not as easy to see as these :)

She grows these in her Denver, CO backyard garden, dries them in the house, and then paints them with acrylic paint. I don't know the whole process, just the basics. But I thought you guys might enjoy the pictures! :) Also, these are (of course) last years' gourds... there are pictures in the photos forum showing all of this years harvest lying around drying... they're EVERYWHERE! lol :)

Sarah

Thumbnail by sarahjo80
Crossville, TN

Oh Sarah....I LOVE them...and I'm glad you posted them here. I especially like the "funky chicken"....LOL Jo

Culpeper, VA(Zone 7a)

Wow - that giraffe is absolutely stunning!!!!

Loveland, CO(Zone 5b)

Jo-

I love the chickens too.. I think they're so cute with those little faces :) And they are nice bright colors :) I'm also fond of the giraffe... :)

Sarah

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8a)

I love them too. They are really cute.

Robin

East Prairie, MO(Zone 7a)

Hey those are great I can't wait to get mine painted. I have 15 gourds that I raised from the seed Jo (roadrunner) gave me. Getting a lot of good ideas from everyone.

Sami

Loveland, CO(Zone 5b)

Should I post more? Or have you had your fill? She said she was going to make my grandpa send me more pictures this weekend :)

Sarah

Crossville, TN

MORE! I'm a "copy-cat" aritist anyhow! LOL

Sami...are yours drying? Jo

Culpeper, VA(Zone 7a)

Is this just a hobby for her or does she make them for sale?

Loveland, CO(Zone 5b)

You got it, Jo! More pictures to come... by the way, she was soooo impressed with your birdhouse! :) She had one of those "now, why didn't I think of that?" moments when we read that your roofing material was the seeds :) We LOVE it! Adorable!!!

Breezymeadow- She does sell them, but I don't want to get in trouble with the terms of service discussing it here. So if you want to chat about that more, please email me at sarahjo80@excite.com :) Thanks

Sarah

New York & Terrell, TX(Zone 8b)

How about this?

~* Robin

Thumbnail by NatureWalker
Culpeper, VA(Zone 7a)

That pumpkin is adorable too!! I take it it's lit with a small electric light rather than a candle?

New York & Terrell, TX(Zone 8b)

It's a half of a tealight candle in there. But you can use a light fixture as well.

~* Robin

Crossville, TN

I think it is adorable!! Jo

Loveland, CO(Zone 5b)

OMG, that is just toooo cute!! :) I love that! :)

Sarah

East Prairie, MO(Zone 7a)

Wow I love the pumkin. Wish mine were ready to paint. I guess I just have to be patient and wait until next year.

Sami

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.