Katrina Photo's

Olathe, KS(Zone 6a)

A friend sent me these photo's of Katrina(I think). They were so stunning, I thought I'd share them with you all. I've never seen anything quite like these.
Thanks, JD

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

JD, there are no photos here, don't tease a gal like that LOL!

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

tf,
were you able to find the link on www.wlox.com to the noaa sat photos?

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

well i just go straight to noaa, is that what jd was talking about? i relaly think he intended to post a link or some photos. i will email him...

Olathe, KS(Zone 6a)

OOPS! Lets try again.

Thumbnail by JLD_II
Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

WOW. If you dont think of what they can do they are beautifull.
Janett

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

wow, looks grand! fit in well with my kids lesson, permission to print it out?

were they taken in Kansas?

thx!

tf

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Wow! Those are just breathtaking! This is as close to a storm like that than I would ever want to be.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

wish more folks felt that way LOL...

Olathe, KS(Zone 6a)

I'm not sure here any of these were taken. Feel free to use them any way you wish. I have them all in individual photo's rather than a collage if you need greater zoom/detail. I'll post them all 1 at a time if you need me to.
Enjoy, JD

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

i will try printing the collage tomorrow, that would use less ink and paper LOL

if it doesn't work i will let you know.

any news from your trip today? just dmail me, i'll be up...

Olathe, KS(Zone 6a)

Tamara
I screwed up my MRI bigtime! I have to share this story with you and everyone else, it's somewhat hilarious inna wierd way.
I'm a paraplegic since 93' and I recently broke a couple chips off my tailbone and had surgery to remove them. Well it's not healing as it should so My Doc wanted me to have a MRI to look for problems in the area.
I went in lastnight for the MRI and the tech. came back into the room saying he saw something metalic in my pelvis. He thought maybe there was a surgery clip left inside me from a previous operation as there was no other explanation for it being there. He said it was in front of my pelvis where I have never had surgery before. So to be safe, we went to take traditional xray's of the area. They took 1 picture from the front but it wasn't very clear so we took a shot from the side.
They were stumped and I asked to see the picture. There was a perfect image of a small "C" clip that I had removed from the throttle cable of my lawn mower when I was working on it Monday!LOL The clip was very small so I placed it on a paper plate I had handy from eating pizza that day. Well my daughter served me up 1 more slice while I was still working on the mower and she didn't realize I was using that plate for setting parts on. I ate the clip and never knew it until it showed up on Xray! LOLOLOL I had forgotten all about the clip since the replacement part came with a new 1.
Well the next thing I knew, everybody working in that area of the hospital was standing around in awe and they will be using me as a case study for future scans where an "Unknown Metal Artifact" shows up on film!
It'sa funny story but it ruined my MRI and any chance of a quicker diagnosis. I have another MRI scheduled for Monday night, hopefully it will have "Passed" by then.
Man do I ever feel like a meathead! I highly doubt my surgeon will be as amused when his scan result's aren't in.
This sort of stuff can only happen to me it seems, it is always something!
JD

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

no , cliphead! that's what you are LOL. must have been pretty small for you to have eaten it. this story belongs in Jokes and Chat, hope you post it there. everyone needs to know that they aren't the only ones who do things like this. trust me, it doesn't only happen to you!

i hope they gave you something to help it pass!!!

rotllmbo,
tf

Olathe, KS(Zone 6a)

yes the clip is flat like a washer and about the diameter of a pencil. It will pass and I won't know til its no longer on film.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

well, eat more pizza! but get a new plate LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.