Large equipment and tools

Vegas,NV Filbert, SC(Zone 7b)

Okay all knowledgable ones.

Hubby and I are moving to South Carolina from Las Vegas. Big difference in life style. We are in the works of purchasing a 14.4 acre property. So I need some recommendations on what type of yard equipment I am going to need. I do intend on having a large veggie garden. 5 acres are still untouched and will need to be cleaned out. A stream flows through the back half where it is still untouched and quite a bit of work is going to need to be done for it to be safe. The rest is basically 4 foot tall weeds/grass. It is fenced in and has a small area .(25 acre) fenced off where a horse was kept. It is a blank slate pretty much. Nothing special. Even the house is a basic boring rectangle.

I was told by some one that a ride on lawnmower is a must. But would it be better to get a tractor with a mower attachment? Which lasts longer. Which brands should I look into and which should I avoid?

Talk to me folks. All advice will be listened too.

Thanks.
Casey

This thread has 44 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!