Lilies decided to bloom

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

I had given up on them blooming this year but this week they started growing like crazy, and boy they a lovely, these are Oriental Tom Pouce

Thumbnail by kareoke
Johnston, IA(Zone 5a)

What a wonderful surprise Kareoke! It's been three months since our Tom Pouce put on it's show here in our Iowa garden. Thank you so much for sharing your delicious news! We can almost smell them all the way out here, can't we Kooger? :-)
Ron

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

kareoke,
Just beautiful! Just starting to get into lilies and this 'Tom Pouce' is one of the ones I really want. It looks so beautiful in the pictures. Is it as nice as it looks in the pictures? How about a close up?
Sherry

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Well, that's a fun surprise this late in the year! And your garden is so pretty too.

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

Sherrygirl here is a close up, and they are beautifull

Thumbnail by kareoke
Corte Madera, CA

wow, tom pouce blooming in october - - - what a treat! congratulations! to me, they are SPECTACULAR since i only grow tom pouce and noblesse =)

what a great costco find for me. the plants are over 3' tall and the blooms are 9" in diameter. i went to costco yesterday to see what they have, but none so far, lilies-wise.

thank you for sharing your photos.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

How nice to have lilies in Oct!

Susan

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

kareoke,
I agree! They are most definitely beautiful! I will be getting some for sure. ;o) Can lilies be planted now? Will it be a problem to plant now if there is a chance of frost in the near future? Or should I wait til spring?
Sherry

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

Sherrygirl, I have no idea. I am new to lillies but I intend on getting lots more. these are still blooming and our temps. have been in the 40 and 50s the last two weeks

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Sherry, no need to worry about frost as you can plant lilies as long as your ground isn't frozen.

You can also plant lilies in the Spring and they will bloom that summer.

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Moby,
Thanks for the info. Any good places online to order nice ones at good prices?
Sherry

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Great places for great lilies? Oh yeah ~ right up in your neck of the woods, too!

B&D Lily http://lilybulb.com/
The Lily Garden http://www.thelilygarden.com/index.html

Order soon ~ They are getting toward the end of the fall shipping season, but there is still a very good selection. They will sell again in the Spring too. Happy shopping!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.