Weekly Weight Loss Challange Oct. 16-22

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

A new week has begun and I pray each of us is relying on GOD to keep us on the straight and narrow path in every area of our lives. I know HE has a full time job on HIS hands with me sometimes. How can a GOD so good and powerful stoop to putting up with the likes of human beings? Because we are made by HIM in HIS image that's why. And so all of our characteristics except rebellion are like HIS. UNfortunately, HE also gave us this thing called free will and that is where we mess up.

I'm back down by a pound to 144# as of yesterday morning. My low of 140# didn't last for long. I got careless and there went the weight loss. Now I not only have to do it all over again, I have to keep on the narrow path of healthy eating to keep losing. I still have a goal in mind but am not sure it really is attainable given my weaknesses with some foods.

Last night one of the daughters brought in what looked like a very delicous chocolate cake with just powdered sugar on it for topping. She offered it to everyone but I noticed almost no one took any. I started to feel sorry for her and eat a piece but when pressed to do so I just said that my stomach will no longer tolerate sugar. And that is no lie. Just one piece of real sugar candy and I am ill for at least 20 minutes and miserable for most of an hour. It just isn't worth it anymore. I do believe GOD is allowing or maybe even causing it to make sure I keep the pounds off.

Our oldest son, J.D. and his wife are on the way up from Holly and Kyle's(about a block away in the pasture where they have a mobile home)with our breakfast of biscuits, sausage and homemade gravy(I think he has learned how to do that). It is so nice to have the children visit and then bring breakfast for us with them. They are here so I'll close and post more later.

Pebble, I don't know if those carb blockers really work or not, but desperate times call for desperate measures. These weren't expensive so we'll give them a try.

GOD bless and keep each of you. Darius, we love you so much and are holding you up in prayer daily.

This thread has 38 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!