Garlic vine

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Finally my Garlic Vine (Cydista Aequinocyialis) is blooming

Thumbnail by ahelms
Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Another picture .

Thumbnail by ahelms
Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Very purrrrty! Where did you get the vine from?
:) Donna

surfside beach, SC(Zone 8b)

Wow! What an incredible site.Thank you for posting it.

I have been on for almost an hour and I just went through the B's

So much information.

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

You're welcome.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I saw that vine for sale down here Ada, it was so pretty. I bought the podranea instead of the garlic vine, but have been tempted to go back and get it!
Toptropicals has so much stuff, I am tempted every time I go to their site.

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Susie, I try to stay away from their site. LOL Too tempting.

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

Thats so cute
I've never seen one...

now the dumb blond question

why is it called garlic vine?

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

The leaves, when crushed, smell like garlic. Mine is a slow grower for me..

Larkie

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

The flowers remind me of the thunbergia ones. I had been looking before on google for any place selling seeds but couldn't find any....just plants.

Laurens, SC(Zone 8a)

I wonder....does it produce seeds? Some of us cannot afford to buy plants that we like and have to do it the most inexpensive way we can! I DO buy some plants but rarely can afford to!! Bonnie

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

I don't know if it makes seeds or not. I just got the vine last summer and this is the first blooms it's had.

Rotterdam, NY(Zone 5b)

ahelms - have you noticed if any hummers like the flowers? I'm curious if they attract hummers, butterflies, or bees.

Thanks,
Lisa

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Lisa, I haven't noticed any hummers but the vine is on the lower part of my yard and they could be there and I wouldn't see them.

Floresville, TX(Zone 9a)

ahelms, I got one of these early this summer and it seems to grow so very slowly. Any advice you can offer?

Sunset Beach, NC(Zone 8a)

Really neat vine! But I didn't need to see another cool site like Top Tropicals (ugh! $$$)

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Indigoez, mine grew slowly also. I didn't think it would bloom this year. I have it in a fifteen gallon pot.

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Ada, it's a beauty, I have twice now had this vine and killed it, I give up!! I am so envious, it's truly a beauty, congrats on keeping yours alive and obviously very happy :)

~Laurrie

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Laurrie, let's hope i keep it alive thru winter.

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

LOL - Ada I will keep my fingers crossed for you that it makes it LOL I wish you all the luck, I hadn't any luck with mine, shame too it's gorgeous!!!

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

I hope I don't lose it. LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.