Hello Fellow Gardeners/Friends I've Yet 2 Meet

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

My name is Kim and I'm from Maine. Many of you may know me from GW. I hung out there alot until yesterday when a member and friend from here purchased a subscription for Dave's. I couldn't believe it! How thoughtful and wonderful is that? Thank you again Beckster *mmmmmwwwwwaaaaa*
I love Plants......All Plants.
I mostly grow daylilies in my zone 5 climate and am going to attempt winter sowing for the first time this year to hopefully increase my perennials.
I just started collecting Iris last summer.
During the winter months I enjoy new Hoyas and Christmas Cactus. My hoyas are pretty much all small babies and seem to be the slowest growing plants in the world!
Here is a link to some of my daylilies. Below the pictures are links to my few perennials and crafts that I enjoy.

http://www.jakesplace.biz/kimskreations/TEMPLATES/KimsDayliliesTemplate.htm

My latest love has to be my baby brug. I gew it from a tiny cutting this summer and now have it in my tiny kitchen to try to over winter it.

http://www.jakesplace.biz/kimskreations/TEMPLATES/KimsHouseplantsTemplate.htm

My greatest discovery this year was a clump of pure white lady slippers tucked in my woods. I pollinated 2 of them and have many many baby seeds (such a proud mom) that I'm sending to an orchid grower who plans to flask them (experiment).

I hope to get to know you all better and am tickled pink to be able to click on links here and they open, to view pictures, and to be able to read threads! I feel FREE to roam now *lol*.

Kim

Thumbnail by kimskreations
Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Welcome, Kim! DG is the best!
:) Donna

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Hi, Kim - welcome! I am a Kim, too, but I go by Kimberley. I also go by GW (Gardenwife), so it's always funny to see in what context Gardenweb is shortened here at DG since at first glance I think they're talking about me sometimes! LOL

Those beaded planthangers at your website are gorgeous. :)

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Hi Kim,
You'll love it here and you'll make so many good friends. Welcome aboard. I am a fellow iris lover!

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

hell from upstate new york kim. this is a great place.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

LOL, Herbie!!! I know you meant hello!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Hello, yeah, he did! ROTF!

Kernersville, NC(Zone 7a)

Welcome to Dave's! I hope you love it here as much as I do.

Poor Herbie! When I read about something new, I used to say 'I'm going to give it a shot' Unfortunately, I am not a good typist and the i and o keys are right beside each other...all I can say is thank God for the preview button and I try not to use that phrase anymore after several close calls!

Rachel from NC

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Hello everyone (notice the O *lol*)
So far, after much exploration and even meeting some of the people I have to say that I like this site so much that I plan to keep my subscription. I find I hardly ever go to "the other site" anymore *lol*
Many of my friends are here already and I feel so at home.
I look forward to trading with many of you in the spring!

Kim

Phoenix, MD(Zone 7a)

welcome Kim!!!
Anne

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

Welcome Kim from another Kim! You will love it here, Becky is a good friend!

-Kim

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Welcome, Kim. Don't forget to check out the Orchid Cactus Forum where you will find Christmas Cactus.

Hi Kim:
I just joined Dave's Garden too!

girlgroupgirl

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Hey Girl Group! SO NICE to see you! I like it here so far, the people have been awesome and there are some neat features that are easy to use!

I was just going through my e-mail and saw your e-mail. I know I'm losing it but did I send you the Platycodon I promised you? I think I did but didn't mark it off my list *lol*.

I'm so happy to see you here! Welcome!

Kim

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

what do you expect at 4 in the morning. you're all gonna laugh at this but in the service i typed 135 words a minute. i recently got a new computer and keyboard and i sware that this keyboard is giving me fits. i know how to type but after i type a sentence or two i see that there are extra letters in the words etc.

oh well.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Don't worry Frank, we know that you've been doubly busy. I also am typing on a new keyboard and there is a difference, am forever correcting my mistakes if I see them! The sentiment is still there, Frank, I knew what you meant, just had to bring your attention to that cuz it was tooooooooooo cute!

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

LOL .. Herbie43 !! .. hey, don't sweat it any .. we're jes 'human beans' ya know. .. lol ..
Besides, it's that new keyboard .. merely 'breakin' you in, & good !!

* And .. a big ol 'hearty' welcome to DG to ya, kimskreations! *

- Magpye

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

So far everyone here has been just so nice. I haven't really been checking things out thoroughly yet and have no idea how to do alot of things but I will keep poking around. I don't know how to do my trade page as it seems a bit complex and am not sure how to find other members etc. but I'm sure these are things that will come in time.

Thank you all again,
Kim

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Kim, all you have to do is ask and we'll be here!

Phoenix, MD(Zone 7a)

yes ask weegy she will teach you the ropes!!!!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Uhm magoo, just what do you mean!!?!??!?!?! wink wink!

Phoenix, MD(Zone 7a)

ROTFLOL
Oh My just that you could help her out!
*rushing to get a glass of wine*

Clearfield, PA(Zone 5a)

Hi Kim, Thanks so much for the "Thinking of You" card that I got in todays mail! I was totally surprised.

Hi Girlgroupgirl, Good to see that you finally joined!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.