Honeysuckle

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Hail, fellow gardeners!
My husband and I were at a retreat this June at a gorgeously landscaped facility. One thing we both noticed was how many different colors of honeysuckle they had! We said to each other "We have that at home; it's available" and when we got home I spent a very short time looking for different colors online, but soon had to go outside and deal with the actual flowers we actually had. I've just remembered them now! Does anyone have experience with orange, pink, purple flowered honeysuckle? I'll also post on the vines & climbers forum but as they have woody growth and some are not even vines, I'm posting here first. I've heard of starting from seed too - any experiences with that?

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Most Lonicera are weeds...by that I mean they are easy to cultivate, whether they are vining types or shrub types. Some are in fact, very troublesome weeds in certain parts of the country. I have only the vining types: L. caprifolium (cream-white), L. periclymenum (pink to golden), L. Mandarin (orange), L. Dropmore Scarlet (bright red-orange) and L. tragophylla (bright yellow). Shrub types come in white, yellow, pink, or red flowers. Most pink and red are cultivars of L. tatarica. L. maackii is white. L. korolkowii is pink. L. xylosteum is yellow-green.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.