For once I thought,,,,,

Vieques, PR(Zone 11)

it was over.

Wrong.

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/radar/loop/DS.p19r0/si.tjua.shtml

Phoenix, MD(Zone 7a)

bummer

Vieques, PR(Zone 11)

Yeah, it has been but looking at the radar seems promising.

Maybe I can finally go to my Culebra house.

Big smiles.

K

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Glad to hear you are OK. The pictures of the floods in PR on the news tonight were not pretty.

Vieques, PR(Zone 11)

I am amazed they bothered to show it.

We laughed this morning when NY and NJ had 4" of rain. That is normal down here but when they declared it to be a disaster area and evacuations were in place we looked outside, saw sun for the first time in about 9 days and said, life is good.

K

Phoenix, MD(Zone 7a)

9 days? I had no idea you poor things of course it has seemed like forever that you have been talking about rain!
Self absorbed person that I am did not put 2 and 2 together
Sun sounds good about now huh?
Will miss you though when you are able to make your trip.
Anne

Valinda, CA(Zone 10a)

In Southern California if we get an inch of rain the news crews hold their camera down and inch or two above the water flowing on the side of the street and make it look like a torrent.

In the Australian opal country they dig a basement and waterproof it. Then they build a house on top. They channel all of the rain water from the roof into the basement. Friends had visited and were shown that there was still some 18 inches of water in the basement. It had been 8 years since the last rain and the residents thought that they had sufficient water until the next rain.

So rainfall is relative.

Vieques, PR(Zone 11)

I remember when my DD moved to California.

She called me one day and said "Mommy, it is raining" After growing up in Florida it had been so long since she had seen rain.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.