Thought it was longiflorum

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

Sorry no pic available.
I have a clump of lilies that I had labeled as longiflorum.I had no reason to think they were otherwise 'til this summer. This is their second season growing for me and they are MUCH taller this year than last. Some were almost 6ft tall and I had read that "Easter" lilies don't get that tall.
Do they get taller as they age or could I have another lily besides longiflorum?

I have just collected a TON of seeds from them and wanted to trade them. Will folks want seeds from an unknown white lily?

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Lilies CAN grow quite a bit taller than their usual height. I have a George Slate that is supposed to be only 1.5 metres max,and it measured at over 9 ft this year. Must be the weather, maybe, I saw some Northern Sensation that were well over 12 ft. So,,, I shouldn't worry.

I would think that people would love to try your seed,
Inanda

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

I have Asiatic that grow a foot to 18 inches taller than they should be. Maybe you have a special strain ?

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

Thanks for the replies !
So do you think if I offered them on the seed trading forum that folks would want them even though I am not 100% sure of what they are?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

berrygirl ~ did you see this thread? http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/553616/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.