baobab

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

I noticed an old thread on here about boabab bonsai. I'm trying now to grow several different kind of bonsai. Boabab, ponytail palm, draco draeconea (sp?). Those are the seeds that actually sprouted so far. I've got ginko, neantha bella palm, pachypodium geayi, coffee arabica, and racemosa, and Trident maple that have not come up at all. I know the Trident and Coffee probably needs cold treatment so maybe they'll come up in the spring. If anyone has advice or info on any of these for bonsai I'd appreciate it. If not I'll just post my progress on here from time to time and maybe we all can learn from my mistakes.

Guayanilla, PR(Zone 11)

Dear Markopolo . . . Coffee arabica definately do not need cold treatment. Its a tropical related to Gardenia. Its leaves are a little too big for Bonsai, but if you can get the plants big, they form a rough twisted bark thats appropriate. Since its a plant that likes to grow upright, it might be very creative to group plants, add character by raising and exposing roots frequently. I have acres of plants in seed. If you want more . . . just ask. Send e-mail to: calamus@coqui.net . . Logos

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.