Plants that I have, so far

Orange, CA(Zone 10b)

((Originally posted in the Tomatoes forum. Moved here because it's probably more appropriate here).

This is just a way for me to keep track of things that I've done and plants that I have. I don't know how to use the DG's garden journal very well. I won't be celebrating my first year as a "real" gardening nut until Spring 2006 so I'm still a newbie at this. Please feel free to jump in with comments and such. I'm having such a good time growing things and learning from others here at DG.

All of my plants are in containers. Here's a picture of my "on-the-ground garden".

Tomatoes: Stupice (2), Better Boys (6), Azoychka, Goose Creek, Northern Lights, Champion, Celebrity, Early Girl, Black Prince (3), Mrs. Maxwell's Big Italian (4), Lime Green Salad, Green Zebra, Brandywine (Red & Pink), Box Car Willie (4), Yellow Perfection, Green Grape, Quartz Multiflora, Catherine Simms, Aunt Ruby's German Green, Taxi, German Johnson, Super Marmande, Sugar Sweetie, Sweet 100's, Yellow Pear.

Leafy veggies: Swiss Chards (Bright Lights & Perpetual), Arugula, Mesclun Salad Mix, Tom Thumb lettuce

Root veggies: carrots (Little Fingers), radish (French Breakfast), beet (Cylindra)

Peppers (hot): Habaneros (orange & red), Giant Thai, Santaka Hot, Thai Yellow, Caribbean Red, Yuquitania, Goat's Weed, Purple Vietnamese, Hanoi Red, Tin Tin.

Peppers (sweet): Purple Beauty, Canary Bell, Mini Yellow Bells.

Thumbnail by Quyen
Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10a)

Wow Quyen, you sure have a lot growing. Everything looks great!

Orange, CA(Zone 10b)

On the deck--

Blueberries: Star (3), Misty (3) in 5 gal. pots

Dwarf citrus: Kaffir lime, Improved Myers lemon, Calamondine - 2 y.o. in 5 gal. pots

Cacti & succulents: Dragon fruit, Prickly Pear (yellow flowers), Cobweb, Live Forever, Echeveria (purple flowers)

Vines: MG Rose Silk, Winged Beauty, Moonflower

Herbs: basils (Sweet Italian, Cinnamon, Thai's Purple Crown), Chocolate mint, oregano, thyme, cilantro, dill, fishscale mint, scallion, garlic chives

Vegetables: Nest Egg gourd (ornamental), sugar pods, armenian cukes

Roses: miniatures (3), Midnight Blue (shrub), Midas Touch (bush)

Other flowers: gardenia, abutilon (pink), red zonal geraniums, snapdragons, pansies, nasturtium

Orange, CA(Zone 10b)

In the yet-to-be-organized green house, sheltering from the much anticipated Santa Ana winds:

Assorted flowers: Brugmansias babies (rooted since July, leafed out but still tender), Crown of thorn

Color foliage: Caladium, Coleus

Seedlings: broccoli, romaine lettuce, sugar snaps,

Assorted houseplants: lots - will have to take inventory later.

Thumbnail by Quyen
Orange, CA(Zone 10b)

Another angle of the greenhouse.

Thumbnail by Quyen
Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

thanks for the pics. everything looks great. its about 55 and raining here n upstate new york.

Orange, CA(Zone 10b)

It's been cool here for the last couple of days. Night temp. in the low 50's and daytime in the low 80's. Great for my cyclamens and gardenia. But my DH keeps warning me that the Santa Anas are coming so I'm weighting down all patio furnitures and staking all my tomatoes. The wind can be really bad for the plants because even when they are not strong, they are still hot and blow constantly for hours. Tender leaves just get dessicated.

Orange, CA(Zone 10b)

Radish in a box? French Breakfast seedlings. My first time growing radishes and I think I sowed them too close together.

Thumbnail by Quyen
Orange, CA(Zone 10b)

Here they are, today. Lots of green tops but I'm not sure how big the radish part is.

Thumbnail by Quyen
So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

WOW, you have done a LOT for a first season gardener. It all looks wonderful.

mobile, AL(Zone 8a)

Quyen:
Let me know how the vegies turn out, you have definetely lot of them growing, well I am hoping to grow some maters, cuckes, peppers on Earth Boxes but its getting kind of chilly at night so we'll see. I want to grow some early girl, sweet baby girl, roma, park's tomatoes, maraca mix peppers, cucumber diva if the weather cooperates if not I'll start my winter gardening and I'll grow some Sugar snaps, lady finger carrots, snow peas, and radishes, but only time can tell.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.