Monkey Tail Tree

Mississauga, ON(Zone 6a)

While in British Columbia I saw the most wonderful, unique trees referred to as "Monkey Tail Trees". To the best of my knowledge they are particular to the Pacific Northwest.
From what I've learned they are slow growers & won't reach maturity until they are 100 years old. They are therefore perfect for a smaller garden. They form a cone which contains an edible nut upon maturity.
These trees are just delight to see & can put a smile on anyone's face as they're also quite comical looking. Each branch resembles a monkey tail.
They are very ornamental, a member of the pine family I believe & I would love to grow one in my Ontario garden if possible.
Does anyone know anything about Monkey Tail Trees & how hardly they might be. Also, has anyone ever seen them available in Ontario?
Thanks
Sunshine Sue

This message was edited Oct 10, 2005 7:23 AM

Mississauga, ON(Zone 6a)

I'd like to upload a pic of Monkey Tail Tree, but I don't see that option.
Any suggestions from anyone?
If I can't upload a picture a lot of people may not know the tree I'm referring to & therefore won't be able to offer any info or advice.
Thanks

Hello SunshineSue,

Welcome to DG!

You can't post photos to this forum as it's for information on the PlantFiles database itself.

We have a great Trees and Shrubs forum though where you can post a photo :) Here's the link http://davesgarden.com/forums/f/tas/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.