Coral Vine-antigonon leptopus

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

This is sure a bright cheery color on such a dreary & drizzling day. Temps are 48! right now...
-T

Thumbnail by seedpicker_TX
Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

What is your opinion on coral vine? Mine recently started blooming for the first time & I was surprised at how small the flowers are. I have mine planted in with Blue Dawn Ipomoea and I am afraid when Blue Dawn decides to start acting like it did last year & take over the flowerbed again instead of acting like a shrinking violet, I will not even be able to SEE the Coral Vine! I am of half a mind to just rip it out...

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

It's hard to believe Texas is cooler than we are. It's raining here but in the mid to high seveties and humid.

Ashland, NE(Zone 5a)

That sure is pretty! I for some reason cannot get it to grow from seed :( Yours is very pretty!!

hm...well...Donna, I kinda like it. I guees I like dainty stuff...
I like things with little flowers and dainty foliage, and stuff...like the bauhinia vines, and also the silver lace vine, etc.

It may have little flowers, but in mass, I think they are really eye catching. Especially with how bright they are.

Then again, the blue dawn is pretty electric, and would easily overwhelm this one in the color, size of the bloom, foliage, and the sheer vigor.

I think they are both nice individually, but maybe not best together...you are right...the blue dawn will eventually consume the coral vine...

Ada-It is probably just this cold front that blew in...it should warm up again in a few days...we don't get cold "for real", until December. This is just an odd few days thing...

Breeze- sink the seed point side down and sink it exactly twice the width of the seed. No presoaking necessary. Keep moist, (not wet) and warm. They should germinate within a week or two. Are your seeds fairly fresh, or old?

They can rot easily if presoaked, or kept too wet. They also like hot weather, so warm germination is important.
-T

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

This grows like a demon here! Spreads all over where it can have a bit of support.

It doesn't do that here...the only demon vine here, is the trumpet and cross vines, lol...
-T

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Very pretty pink, Taylor!
:) Donna

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.