cheaper auto vent...

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

I cant afford one right now but does anyone know where you can get a auto vent to open a small greenhouse window for less than $50....or do I just have to save my pennies :)

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

Thanks...its not available locally so I would still have to pay shipping...gosh that sounds like alot of money for such a little thing :) :)

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Shipping is free (you do have to be a Sam's Club member - or know someone who is, to order it for you.) It does seem like a lot to pay for a small item, but that is a good price, and it helps keep your GH temps a lot more stable. I wish I had ordered one (or two) when I ordered my GH, but in my hurry, I didn't. I'll most likely order at least one in the next few weeks.

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

Thanks Terry... I am a member but my local club doesnt stock them.

I will HAVE to buy one because otherwise I will cook my veggies too soon :)

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

If you order it through their online site, the shipping is free ;o)

Glassboro, NJ(Zone 7a)

Take a look on eBay -- there is a supplier in UK selling them -- along with airmail shipping they are going for prices cheaper than they sell for here in the US.

Ken & Sue in Glassboro, NJ

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

Yes...I was curious about that but know "nothing" about ordering from overseas or the shipping...will have to look again :)

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

What if you wanted to return it ? Overseas !

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

yea...I kinda thought about that too :)

Glassboro, NJ(Zone 7a)

That's the one thing with eBay -- you usually can't return something like you can at a store. Shipping to and from most countries is not that bad -- you do have to contend with customs forms, however. We sell on eBay and we now sell most items worldwide.

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

Thank you all...for the advice. Guess I'll just have to save my pennies :)

Lewiston, CA(Zone 7b)

Charleys Green houses has a few different kinds, I think the ones I bought for $39.95, the Univent control. I haven't put them in yet. I also got the auto floor vents too from there. Those are in. here's the address.
www.charleysgreehouse.com

Glassboro, NJ(Zone 7a)

We just received the one we bought via eBay. Shipped direct from the UK. Says it was made in Denmark. Will hopefully be installing soon so we'll see how it is.

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Let us know how it does for you! I think these things are a great idea!

Worden, IL(Zone 6a)

I bought 2 from ebay and they were also from UK -total price for the vents was $80 including shipping. Took about a week to get here and they work great. Was very happy with the purchase.

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

I bought mine from The greenhouse store for 49.95 free shipping.

(Linda) Winfield, KS(Zone 6a)

The auto vents that I got to go with my Rion suggected not to use the auto vents in winter only in the summer.

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

Wonder why....if it gets up to 80 here ...something has to give :)

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

depends on your winter temps I imagine.. wouldn't be good for the stuff inside to freeze

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

Dont these things start to open when the temp get over 60...could be that in some climates you might not want to loose any heat during the day...

Priest River, ID

I would think you would not want to mess them up lifting a load that is to heavy like snow or if the vent iced down it would hurt the openers trying to lift something that will not lift..........Sandyc

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

Sandy....you are so smart...I bet that is it :)

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

That's a good point also Sandy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.