Still looking good!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Thought I would share my flowers with everyone. This is extremely late to have annuals blooming here. Normally they would have froozen by now. This bed is by our entry door.
Bernie

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

This one is by my antique shop. It is all impatiens & begonias.

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

They would have frozen by now? What a treat to have them blooming this week! How far up are you?!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

About 30 miles north of MN-Iowa line. Average first frost is Sept 20.
Bernie

My inlaws bought a farm near Iron, Minnesota. I think that must be yet several miles north of you.

They just moved there from a fishing resort near International Falls, so they think they are in the tropics now...mmm...

I've never heard of anyone retiring to 'Iron', or is that a pretty place? Do you know?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I checked the map, & as I suspected it is in northeast Mn. At least a place called Iron Junction. That area is nortorious for COLD! A town called Embrass is not far from there. They hold all the records for coldest temperatures in the U.S. On the other hand, it is beautiful country, old forests & lots of lakes. Tourists flock there in summer months. Good area for cross country skiing & snowmobiling in winter.
They get lots of lake effect snow from Lake Superior.
It didn't freeze this morning anyhow. Clouds kept the temperature up. Only 34º.
Bernie

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Meant to add picture.

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Amazing!

We're behind here, too, with frost. Average frost date for my area is Sept. 25 and we have yet to see it. In fact, this week it's supposed to get into the 70s by the end of the week. Of course, this is great, because I did some very late transplanting (like some today!). I've got plants that think it's spring, with all the new growth and even some blooming (gloriosa daisy, feverfew, vinca, carnations, just to name a few).

Thanks, Countrygardens for the location check...my inlaws always did like cold weather, so they must be very happy in their new place. Sounds interesting. Hope they can grow some pretty flowers like yours to take the edge off the long winters!

Sounds like you're in Zone 8, k! I suppose we must live it up while we can..

Somehow I get the sense our days are numbered in the garden (except for raking leaves!) here, too.

We have a few bloomers too...the lantana and verbena, some gerbera daisies, helenium, petunias, phlox, summer snapdragons and pansies...

The 'last hurrah' of summer, I'm afraid, but delightfully enjoyed.

Thumbnail by tabasco
Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Oh yeah! Those Gerbera daisies................

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/551488/

And I definitely think we're living on borrowed time right now. But we'll take it! :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.