Best way to get rid of Grubs

Schwenksville, PA(Zone 6a)

I have a serious grub problem and my lawn seems to be losing the battle. What is the best method of getting rid of grubs? Is there anything I can do now at this time of year?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Collect the grubs and send them to be identified by the extension service. then they can tell you what control method to use. If they are Japanese beetle grubs you could use milky spore to kill the grubs. Knowing what you're dealing with is key. You could also use predaceous nematodes, but the one to use is dependent on they type of beetle you have.

Joseph

Schwenksville, PA(Zone 6a)

Thank you for the information Joseph....I was beginning to think I would never get a response to this thread!

I had grubs in my garden, did not know what ID the critters were, and just used milky spore on them, in combination with an application of some nematodes and the grubs disappeared. I got lucky but if you don't want to waste money on materials, I would go the route of getting the grubs identified first. It is relatively easy to apply the milky spore. You just shake the spores out on the surface of the garden soil and the rains wash the material down into the soil column where the beetles are located. The beauty of milky spore is that when a grub gets sick and dies from it, it has a lot of the milky spore inside its body and when it decomposes it releases the bacteria so the infection is propagated in the soil.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.