Is your farm named? How did you come up with the name?

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Here I am, invading with my second silly post. :)

As I intend to open a commercial nursery on part of my land, live and garden on part of my land and give about half to critters as a food source for my family, I want to come up with a name that includes everything. I have other posts talking about our progress, moving in, digging a pond, getting things ready to go, etc and people are suggesting names. I have been thinking about it a lot and wondered if everyone here has names for their farms.

Will you tell me if your farm is named and how you came up with the name? Have you seen farms around you with names that you find offensive or really stupid or downright funny or names that make you wonder what the heck they sell?

I just told the kids we should raise the chickens that lay the green eggs and also pigs and call the farm "Green Eggs and Ham". Hey, I have six kids. I often end up down the silly trail. :)

I got the pond in on Friday and am going back today to drop the liner in and start filling. I was kind of hoping I would have dug up a bunch of nice rocks. No such luck. You know if I wanted to dig a shallow hole, I'd have hit a whole rock layer. LOL

Thumbnail by Badseed
This thread has 308 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!