Cuttings

Ocean Springs, MS(Zone 8b)

Does anyone have a couple of cuttings to spare of a blue hydrangea, I had some beauties but Hurricane Katrina destroyed them.

Thanks

Fayetteville, NC(Zone 8a)

I have already cut mine back for the year and sent out all the cuttings I had, but I will check for some more. If I have any I will let you know and you can send me your address. This is a picture of mine from this summer.

Thumbnail by 1gardengram
Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

stetchworth, I have a large one at work. I will check and see if has any babies as the lower branches tend to lie on the ground and take root.
Did you home suffer much damage? I would surprised if your hydrangeas don't come back unless they were inundated with salt water.

1gardengram, that is lovely, mine used to look like that, thank you.

woodspirit1, my home has minor damage to it, my son completly lost everything so they are living with us for a while, most of my trees and garden was uprooted and destroyed. thank you

I am so sorry for your son. I don't know what these folks do that owe a mortgage and insurance won't pay. I guess they have to file bancruptcy.
Do you want the plant if one is available?
My best friend's family lives in Biloxi. Two of her brothers and one nephew lost everything. Her Dad's house survived with some damage, but one of them is living with him for now.....

Thank you for your concern, you have to live here to know how terrible everything is. I hope everything works out well for your friend. Just a cuttings or a small plant would do fine. Email me and I will send the postage.

Thanks so much.

Vi

Vi,
Please dmail me your address. I'll go out tomorrow and see if I can find something for you.
Diane

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Vi, I only have one kind of macrophylla, Dooley, but would be glad to send you some cuttings in the spring. I have lots of paniculatas also, I don't know how they do in your area. If you still need something in the spring, give me a shout on Dmail, and I'll send you some. Polly

I lived on the coast of NC and had lots of family on Wrightsville Beach. At the southern end, it is only 1 block wide at the point where they lived. From Hurricane Hazel in 1954 until 3 years, I saw a lot of hurricanes and dug a lot of sand out of the 1st floor of the homes of Aunts and Uncles. But never experienced 175 m.p.h. winds...

Vi--You've got mail.

Thank you woodspirit1 and pollyk. 1gardengram has been kind enough to send me a plant.

Vi

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.