Weight Loss Challange Oct-1-8

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Here we are again beginning a new week with lots of success being reported. I'm guessing at what TOM means, Marilyn. It's a girl thing, right? Never had that problem that I can recall.

I'm going to have to watch myself carefully in the future. I enjoyed that cookie at the hair salon where I get my hair cut entirely too much. LOL Huge white chocolate with macadamian nut cookie. One of my favorite cookies. It was hard to choose as they had several different kinds & I like them all. They were doing a promotional for breast cancer funds and had cookies, punch, etc. as well as raffles and balloons with coupons in them you could pop for a dollar. I did a $1 raffle for a $15 gift certificate to a local Mexican eatery that Jack and I like. I don't know if I got it or not. They were to draw in late afternoon and I was gone to work. They have my phone #.

Tomorrow is the Pastor Appreciation Day dinner too and that will just be a splurge day for me. I got a lean ham and had it sliced and the fruit for a salad. I notice that Libby's now has several fruits sweetened with Splenda. YIPPEE! Especially apricots are hard to find in light syrup. I told Jack that if I felt as lousy in the morning as I did this morning we aren't staying for the dinner. Then I took my noon dose of meds and was feeling pretty good by the time I went to work at 2. That's usually how it works. I often tell myself that I won't feel any worse sitting in church than I would at home so just get moving.

In spite of a very successful fund raiser for a local rural church we had 28 customers tonight. It went smoothly since there were no large groups. 2 groups of 4 came in about the same time and then a group of 6 showed up but nothing to upset any apple carts.

I'll work at the cafe' Monday as Yovonne will either be in the hospital or going to a doctor appointment on Monday afternoon. The family convinced her to go to the ER tonight and there seemed to be some certainty that she would be admitted. I hope so. The risk of her falling or an internal bleed starting somewhere is too great for comfort. Her youngest daughter and husband are almost beside themselves with concern while the older daughter is taking it much more calmly. But there is a faith level factor to be considered that makes a lot of difference in how they handle stress like this. Yovonne seems to be taking it well but underneath the calm a lot of fear could be hiding.

Pebbles, I can see why the job offer would be tempting. It is nice to be earning some money for the effort you put out. I'm sorry to hear that your own company wasn't doing so well. Are you still planning to return to the states next year even tho you have the new job?

Sandra, it sounds as tho you have a hectic month ahead of you. Just keep your weight loss goal well in your mind and don't stray too far from the healthy eating and you will do ok.

Marilyn, congratulations on the weight loss. That is great. I like the looks of that dance pad. Does your 4 year old try to do it too? My children use to like to exercise with me when they were small.

Howie, GW, you are doing great. I have no doubt that you will both reach your goals. The surgery will so much easier on you Howie than if you hadn't lost all this weight.

BlueSpiral, hang in there. We all have ups and downs and sometimes feel life just isn't worth it, but it is and in the end you will be glad you stuck out the new eating plan.

I need to address each member of the group but am about to fall asleep so I'll just give up for the evening. I'm thinking of and praying for each of you tho so you are not forgotten.

GOD bless and guide each of you.

This thread has 44 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!