Can you spot your favorite?

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

From the recent Western WA State Fair taken by a NW dahlia grower, Steve Boley. Am not sure if this is Connell's display or not. I've seen it before I was even a dahlia fan and was impressed, now I'd probably cry or just pull up a chair for a couple hours.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/poochella/Miscellaneous/Fairoranges2005.jpg

Thumbnail by Poochella
Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

I used to "do the Puyallup" when I lived in Bellevue. The dahlia display was one of my absolute favorite things. Gorgeous picture.

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Wowsers. That is so pretty.

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

NoH20, we should make people guess how you pronounce PUYALLUP. I know it was a real challenge when we moved here 25 yrs ago! We try to go every other year- love the flowers, the animals and one upside down ride just to keep me young!

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

I loved the arts and crafts building too - fabulous quilts and needlework.

I pulled a ligament on the wooden rollercoaster when my friend's son crashed into me on a turn. Boy, that was painful. I thought I had broken a rib.

Yes a pronouncing contest would be fun. We could throw in Sequim, Tulalip, Sammamish, Duwamish, Humptulips, etc. etc. And let's not forget Issaquah. LOL

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

I love the pics of the dahlias. They are so gorgeous! Plus, I like your idea of having a pronouncing contrest. We can certainly add some from the South. The difference is you have uncommon names to figure out. Ours are very common names that hang up everybody when they first move here. Ponce de Leon, Houston County, the city of Cairo, and the city of Albany. You may think you know how to pronounce these, but if you aren't from around here, you just don't know. :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.