my first lilly from seed 2 yr old

Renton, WA(Zone 7a)

I don't know what it is, the seed was marked white lilly, not very fragrant but lots of buds

Thumbnail by veeja3
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Wow!! And what a bouquet!!

Franklin Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

Those are gorgeous! tt

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

So pretty.
Kaleem

Cordele, GA

It looks like Formosa. Does it have narrow , dark green leaves that cloth the stem fairly thickly on stems between three and six feet tall, and bloom in the later part of summer? Formosa is a heritage lily selection and is very easy to grow from seed.

It was the first lily I ever grew. I didn't know what I was doing, so I just hand cast the seed over the bed, thinking that none would come up. Ha! I think 90% germinated. I gave away lily seedlings by the hundreds. I have had good luck with seed formation and have collected seed each year since mine started blooming. It was the start of addiction, I am putting in a bed just for lilies and gingers this fall.

Beth

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

I grew 46 pots of them from seeds and carried to a roundup in TN.
Here's a picture of mine. I think Calalily ided them as formosaum for me. Vicki how tall does your grow. Mine sometimes get taller than 7 feet.

Thumbnail by Georgiaredclay
lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Here's a picture of them and how tall they grow. I have seen one about 15 feet tall growing out of a rotten stump that held a lot of moisture.
That is spider wort around them.

Thumbnail by Georgiaredclay
Haydenville, MA(Zone 5a)

Way to go veeja3! They are striking lilies.
My 'experiments' have not gotten large enough yet to bloom....maybe this spring? The seeds always know exactly what to do.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

THAT IS so cool- i have tons of seeds and have never ever even tried to grow any
you have given me HOPE!!!

any secrets to growing?

(Zone 7b)

What's the latin name of these, and where could I find seed for them?
I've never seen lily seed offered for sale before!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Here is a source for seeds with the botanical names http://www.thelilygarden.com/pages_lilies/seeds.html

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Here is a source for seeds with the botanical names http://www.thelilygarden.com/pages_lilies/seeds.html

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Wow! That's pretty impressive, and gives me HOPE too!

I can't believe you started 46 pots from seed for the RU, Georgiaclay...that's really dedication (and a green thumb!).

And that's a gorgeous bouquet up top. Makes me long for summertime!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.