Milorganite organic fertilizer

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Has anybody tried this fertilizer on your lawns? How long does it take to green up the lawn? Anybody tried it with plants & shrubs Do you add water or not ?

Worcester, MA

I used a heavy application on my lawn last year in addition to regular feeding with synthetic fert. The lawn definately seemed better with the addition of milorganite than if the regular fert was used alone. However, I doubt you'll get very much of a result using the milorganite by itself. It's low in nutrients and is more like a soil ammendment in my opinion. Turf likes high nitrogen.

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Milorganite is human feces, composted. I'd be most reluctant to use it. Some disease organisms do not fully compost.

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

A agree darius.

Found out about this nasty stuff a couple years a go so I never even considered trying it.

Supposed to be full of dangerous heavy metals too. Not to be confused with Metallica .... lol

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

I tried it maybe 5 years ago. Seemed like a good way to recycle. But it really doesn't have much nutrients in it and I didn't think it was worth it. I used it on the lawn and some flower beds. Compost is way better and if you can't make it yourself you can likely get it free from your city/town.
Andy P

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

I beg to differ.

IMO it is NOT a good way to recycle if you are poisoning the grounds and water supply.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.