red spiders

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

They are all over my yard .
They look so nice this year .
the pink was no show on most bulbs this year
but wow the red ones are strutting there stuff.

Thumbnail by tazzy
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Aren't they a fun little bonus late in the year? :)

Excelsior, MN(Zone 4a)

Those bring such fond memories to me. My mother used to have a whole bunch of those when I was a little girl. I always thought their name was funny (She called them 'spider lilies') and they looked strange to me because there were no leaves.

North Augusta, SC(Zone 8a)

I absolutely adore these, have a few sprouting up now. I've looked for more of them but haven't located a local source that sells them.
Alice

Cordele, GA

Alice, try your local farm market bulletin. I found several listing for L. radiata in the Gerogia market bulletin and very well priced. Next summer I am going to indulge myself and purchase a few dozen. Even if they are small off sets, they will reach blooming size pretty quickly. I found 4 inch pots at a nursery this weekend selling for $5/pot. It looked like one bulb to a pot. I just about laughed myself silly at the price.

Beth

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Tazzy--the ones you sent me decided not to appear at all this year. The spot has been bare all summer.Did I kill them last winter?

Excelsior, MN(Zone 4a)

Wanda: I don't believe they grow this far north. Seems like I've checked on that before. (I truly love these little guys) Here's a link:
http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/2109/

They may not be hardy there .the pink and red are hardy in ok. the yellow and white are notfor me
No fair on this zone thing I want the yellow and red mixed togather but not going to happen and i am to lazy to dig and bring in for winter.

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Join the club! I was getting tired of digging cannas--but this summers clump sure looks standing tall in the back of the yard. Sigh. Guess I'll dig the darn things again....

heres the ones i want to plant with red , but not hardy herehttp://davesgarden.com/forums/t/550355/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.